nv5600 clutch install

97rada

I am about to do a clutch on a friends truck. I have never done one on a 5600 but was told there much heavier and not as easy on tranny jacks. (was suggested by SB to use a scissor type) any suggestions?
With that being said, has anyone just slid the tcase and tranz back as a unit and done the clutch? I am looking to make this fast as i dont have alot of time. If not i will just not sleep a little more.. thanks

I always remove and reinstall the trans and transfer as one piece. NV5600 weighs about 360 pounds I use a trans jack from napa rated for 1200 pounds I think! Works great nothing to much different from a 5 speed good luck

does the cross member come out pretty easily with it still bolted together?

What yr truck? The 3rd gen cross member comes out easy. 2nd gens require a sledge hammer or a porta power. I personally always separate the transfer case. Alot easier to maneuver that heavy sob back in place.

truck is an 03. I have always separated them to, just wondered if i could save some time.
Also for you guys that swap bolts for studs on the CR's ever have any problems? i am about to do this on his truck also.
This things we do for friends...

Back