NV5600 Clutch problems

TheSmokinStroke

Well guys a friend of mine is about at wits ends with this truck. It is an 06 that had a G56 in it and it grenaded so he bought a rebuilt NV5600 and a Kennys triple disc clutch.

Get the trans and clutch in and the truck starts and runs with the trans in the neutral position. The problem is that you can not put the truck in gear or start it in gear as the clutch will not engage. The truck had a south bend hydrualics kit on it and he put a new kit on it to make sure that wasn't the issue but still nothing. I'm at a loss with trying to give him advice and hes at a loss as to what it could be. I'm not familiar with the NV5600 trans what so ever so all my advice is general.

Are the clutch discs all facing the proper direction? The have to be oriented properly or they won't work.

sent from my kookie phone

I would look at the travel the slave cylinder has and contact the clutch manufacturer for the correct amount of travel.

clutch will not engage.
Did you mean dis-engage?

I would look at the travel the slave cylinder has and contact the clutch manufacturer for the correct amount of travel.

Did you mean dis-engage?

Yes my bad. I'm an auto guy. :doh: He has been in contact with kenny's and still has no clue. He said he plans on calling him again tomorrow and talking about it.

He has no choice but to pull the trans it sounds like.

Yes, probably so.

The first NV5600 I purchased was used and sight unseen. When installed, I experienced the same problems. When I pulled the tranny back out, I discovered the input shaft was not only twisted, but, the clutch disc had deformed the splines enough the new clutch disc would not slide past the deformity the previous clutch had created. This pushed the new clutch disc up against the flywheel enough that the disengagement could not be achieved.

I'm also curious, if anyone would know, is the flywheel housing for an NV5600 install the same thickness as the G56 install?

Back