NX Duramax Dragster Build Thread.

NitrousExpress

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Nitrous Express - Era of the Diesel

DSCN6456.JPG

282 inches of oil burning, nitrous huffing monster.

DSCN6457.JPG

We started with a 282" Davey Uyehara Chassis.

DSCN68811.JPG

Here is a current picture. Waiting on a transplant from an upgraded "Duramax GT" motor. Quick rundown on the motor.

DuraMax 7.0 liter
GM-Block
Bullet Cams- 4.00” stroke crank
Crower billet steel Rods
JE custom pistons
Total Seal Rings
MaxSpool Camshaft
GM-lifters, pushrods, and rocker arms
ZZ Custom Fabrication heads, custom porting, beryllium copper seats
REV-valves, springs and titanium retainers
ZZ Custom Fabrication- Flow bench work
ZZ Custom Fabrication-Sheet metal intake manifold
MWR-Custom oil pan
Curtis Halvorson-Billet oil pump
Custom Valve covers by S&T Steel
GM-Gaskets
Industrial Injection-turbo, injectors and fuel pump
KPE-machine work and engine assembly
KPE-Dyno testing 1200 WHP

Possible one of the coolest and most important changes made to the driveline is thanks to Hughes Performance.

DSCN6879.JPG

DSCN6888.JPG

This is an XP5 powerglide. Here is a basic overview:

1.69 low gear
1.250 input shaft
Turbo 400 output shaft
Lock-up torque converter

We also add a .78 overdrive gear vendors behind this.

DSCN6891.JPG

DSCN6893.JPG

Here, you can see the spacer we had to add to make room for our LOCK-UP 310 mm bolt together converter, w/ serviceable clutch packs. Stall is about 4500 rpms with a 5 clutch disk lock up.

DSCN6894.JPG

DSCN6899.JPG

DSCN6889.JPG

Very trick piece. We have very high hopes for this and we are very confident it will deliver.

We have a lot of very good people on board with this project. The plan as of right now is too be racing in march. I will continue to add as many updates and pictures to this thread as I can. *nx*

Last edited by a moderator:
Need a driver? LOL Hughes makes a BA powerglide for sure. XP series? Never mind I see what it is now

:clap: Awesome!

*nx* ???? Twasn't listed on the engine specs....... I know a company that can provide an healthy system.... :poke:

LOL:Cheer:

Looking forward to seeing it through my Canon viewfinder when it is on the track... I hope I can keep up with it at 6.5fps!!!

nice work. looking forward to seeing it together. does this mean there will be a nx power mustang at the texas mile this march?

Is it going to be ready by March 12th? In time for the NHRDA Desert Diesel Nationals in Wittmann, AZ just outside of Phoenix?

Back