NXD4000, The Mac Daddy of Diesel Nitrous

NitrousExpress

Comp Diesel Sponsor
NXD4000.jpg

This is the NXD4000. A two stage progressive dry nitrous system with huge flow capability and as much adjust-ability as you can ask for in a nitrous system. This is the most capable diesel system we offer here at NX. Here is a good look at the baddest Diesel system on the planet.

Overview:

- 15 LBS bottle with a Lightning bottle valve
- -6an Feedlines from the bottle
- 2 "Pro Power" Lightning .125 orifice solenoids
- 2 1/8th Npt dry nitrous nozzles
- A NX Boost reference nitrous controller

Let's start with the bottle,

11700L-05.jpg

The lightning valve is pretty trick piece all on its on. It has built in provisions for a pressure gauge as seen, and also a provision for a "push" system (NANO). This port is also larger and will allow a push system to support a much larger shot with one of our bottles.

This valve also incorporates a much improved flow path with a .312 orifice.

lightning-valve-cutaway_large.jpg

This flow path eliminates the *90 degree turns and expansion area of older designs.

The valve is all billet and anodized black for a pretty trick looking setup.

Lightning Pro-Power solenoids
15200L.jpg
15201L.jpg

The truly designed for nitrous lightning solenoid has made a wealth of improvement over older designs. With an aluminum body, the solenoid is half the weight from the onset. It has a raised inlet port and bottom exit, for again improved flow path. What was four *90 degree turns is now simple one *90 turn to the bottom exit. It has a built in purge port to allow for clean and easy install of a purge valve. We have spent time with different springs and sealing materials to make a solenoid that will no longer fear the progressive. No need to rebuild solenoids every few races or worry about "sticking".

The Brains of the operation. The Boost referencing Nitrous controller

NXD5000.jpg

When it comes to Nitrous delivery and power management on diesel, this is where its at. TPS activation and window functions included for no need of secondary boxes to help keep a system safe. This gives you the ability to reference the nitrous delivery by not just RPM, but boost pressure and time as well. All these functions in easy to use format and box. Here is the software you will use to adjust the settings on your controller. Free to download and try out for yourself:

http://www.nitrousexpress.com/maxdl/NXBoostSetup3.0.1.zip

I wanted to leave the rest of this open to comments and questions. Happy to give any insight or help. Many of you have already PM'ed me about your personal setup and even minor questions. Please continue to do so. I am happy to do and enjoy working with individuals on their pride and joy's.

*nx*

The lightning valve is pretty trick piece all on its on. It has built in provisions for a pressure gauge as seen, and also a provision for a "push" system (NANO). This port is also larger and will allow a push system to support a much larger shot with one of our bottles.

How big of a shot will this allow with a push system. can one run both .125 solonoids wide open and maintain pressure?

We are sir. The slackers have not updated my name. We do have our forum up tho. *nx*

Geez, give the man a blue Name already. :poke:
He's being harassed LOL

I like learning about this stuff. I've never been big on the juice, but I am leaning :) Thanks for the info.

Sorry NX. Just wondering why.

Will this work on say my 1st gen with no electronics on it? Meaning, can the boost reference be done mechanically and not by the computer ECM?

Will this work on say my 1st gen with no electronics on it? Meaning, can the boost reference be done mechanically and not by the computer ECM?

Looks like a boost hose on that box.

On my 78 we have boost reference. But we run a different controller.

Looks like a good setup for a turn key deal.

On my 78 we have boost reference. But we run a different controller.

Looks like a good setup for a turn key deal.

Thanks sir. Truck looks very cool. I have a friend here in town that has one of those trucks. His is a little slower.

Hey no problem. I dont get me feelings hurt to easy! :Cheer:

It will work just fine. Simply hook everything up to the controller and you will be able to use all functions.

Geez, give the man a blue Name already. :poke:
He's being harassed LOL

I like learning about this stuff. I've never been big on the juice, but I am leaning :) Thanks for the info.

Little information is always a good thing. Let me know if anything is unclear. Happy to help clarify.

How big of a shot will this allow with a push system. can one run both .125 solonoids wide open and maintain pressure?

Its the NANO thats the restriction. It will not be able to support that with zero pressure loss. It will still make a large improvement, and give you pressure "recovery" after the pass.

The best way to maintain pressure would be dual 10# pound bottles with a NANO on each. This is an option as well. Would be looking at about $120 dollars on our end.

Yes you don't need electronics on the truck to get this to work. It is a great system. Controller setup is really easy with the software too.

I have one (without the fancy bottle piece though) that was used on a tractor "one time" that is for sale. Still looking for all the pieces of that compressor wheel BTW... I tried telling them full shots from two large jets with no wastegate wasn't a good idea...:doh:

This is the system on the Red Rocket (minus the new bottle and valve) and it ROCKS!!!! The computer controlled mapping is great. You can set up for a small shot at the line to help spool turbos then back off at launch to keep traction and increase again down the track. I data logged with my Isspro gauges and overlapped the nitrous map with my egt and rpm info to figure out when and where I needed more or less nitrous and adjusted accordingly. This system works!!!!
And no I never recieved and sponsership from NX I just like their stuff *nx*

I run this kit on my drag truck and it is great and easy to adjust the setting. I would also reccomend the bottle heater kit. It senses bottle pressure a d turns on the heater when pressure falls.

Malcolm

I run this same kit on my race truck. Super Nice. deff Rocks!!!! and I love how you can bring in both stages. Really keeps the tranny happy! When the truck is on the dyno, i activate / progress the nitrous off boost pressure. When i am drag racing, I use time-based off the wot. I also ramp the solenoids so that its like using 4 med stages.

Just curious, why no .157 solenoids? Too much pressure drop?

Just curious, why no .157 solenoids? Too much pressure drop?

The .157 orifice solenoids, we call them Supersharks, are not capable of being progressed, So we run the .125 Pro-powers instead.

If you would like to run the .157 orifice solenoids, just shoot me a PM. I can set you up a system or parts however you need.

We are just off the shelf parts pushers, we plumb some trick systems and works with people on building their car their way. Just get in touch and I will help tailor parts or systems to whatever you need. *nx*

Graham @ NX

That blue name looks pretty slick huh? Thanks for the change moderators!

I download and check controlling program that is linked earlier. In that program I didnt see TPS settings. Is it included in real product, or does TPS need on/off switch?

Back