o5 cummins with factory griddel is this normal

bigorange

alright guys so here the thing, the guy thats building my motor went to in stall my main bearing ARP studs and was unable do to the fact that my motor has a griddel that goes over the main bearing caps. . i talked with harry at peak diesel and he had never heard of a stock cummins with a factory griddel, so I was woundering if all 2005's came with this or whats the deal is thanks :Cheer:

i know what ur talkin about but it aint much of a girdle kinda thin but its better than nothing

alright guys so here the thing, the guy thats building my motor went to in stall my main bearing ARP studs and was unable do to the fact that my motor has a griddel that goes over the main bearing caps. . i talked with harry at peak diesel and he had never heard of a stock cummins with a factory griddel, so I was woundering if all 2005's came with this or whats the deal is thanks :Cheer:

dude, this engine builder is taking his sweet time eh!

that is the block stiffener that keep the lower end of the engine from flexing outward. the stiffener does nothing to help the mains like the griddle.

i have both arps and the block stiffiner in my engine. not hard to make it work. every common rail i have built (a lot of engines) has had one.

ted

now another question, we looked at the tq spec. and the stock bolts are tq. more then the arps is that right , I know why a stud and nut are better than just a bolt but was just woundering, if I just go with the stock bolts will I be fine, thanks

the block stiffener didn't start showing up until the 305hp CR's came out. The Cali Emis. 235hp and the S.O. 250hp CR's didn't have these to my knowledge.

now another question, we looked at the tq spec. and the stock bolts are tq. more then the arps is that right , I know why a stud and nut are better than just a bolt but was just woundering, if I just go with the stock bolts will I be fine, thanks

Stock main bolts here!! Not a problem so far!

you can use the studs. i made spacers for the ones that i put studs in. ground flat so that the stiffener would still do its job and i could use studs.

ted

griddel??? Like a pancake griddel?
took the words out of my mouth

Back