October 13th & 14th Morso Motorsports Park

BIGPOWER,
where do you get off stating the DHRA Whole life style thing??? We here don't have DHRA events! Chris is the only one who has worked to get us events in Florida and you bust on Him !!!! Good luck in TX and Have a Blast. We will do the same!

Twisted Shifter said:
Oh how wrong you are … it has nothing to do with being insecure. It has everything to do with being our own organization. I did not nor would I check anyone else’s schedule prior to making mine. The track gave me some available dates and I took them.

As to who is going to show at what race….. One never knows ….

So please take you negative aura back to the DHRA forums………

:wrong:

I guess that statment pretty well sums it up!!!!
As a promoter of your own organization (diesel drag racing) I would think you would want to have just the opposite attitude. I mean did you give it any thought of what might be a conflict to your race. You have to consider things like is the annual Tupperware party on the same weekend or maybe Revenge of the Nerds is playing at the drive-in on that Friday night.
If your going to put on a big race and promote it properly with the goal in mind of getting the biggest attendance possible why in the world would you schedule it the same weekend as one of the biggest diesel events of the year? (a diesel event that has been in October for several years)

That's like PRI deciding to have their show the same week as SEMA, and it shouldn't be based on "cause those are the dates the convention center gave me":bang

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.
Hope you guys have a great weekend of racing.:rockwoot:

Shambo said:
BIGPOWER,
We here don't have DHRA events!

thats a shame.

twisted, i dont have a problem with nhrda, i have a problem with the way you are going about your race schedule. if you made plans in december, fine but the dhra finals were set in stone for 2007 before the race in 2006 even ran. richard basically said what i meant. not trying to hammer you guys, just stating the obvious. best of luck to you and your organization.

Bigpower
you have no idea of what Chris has had to do to even get any Events going down here. We will show up any place we can get someone to open up for us here in florida!

FWIW... my B-day is 10-14, so that's a date that I quickly recognize. several months back I noted that the NHRDA / DHRA events were stacked that weekend, & I called TwistedChris. It was news to him. He called the NHRDA Prez. Randy Cole, but it was too late, the date was already carved in stone, as it's tied together with the fast ford event that weekend.
I Agree 100% that we need to stand together as a Diesel drag racing force. There IS strength in numbers.
No matter what, I have to give TwistedChris big props, as he's worked his azz off to put together some awesome events in Florida this year.$.02

turbomatt1 said:
FWIW... my B-day is 10-14, so that's a date that I quickly recognize. several months back I noted that the NHRDA / DHRA events were stacked that weekend, & I called TwistedChris. It was news to him. He called the NHRDA Prez. Randy Cole, but it was too late, the date was already carved in stone, as it's tied together with the fast ford event that weekend.
I Agree 100% that we need to stand together as a Diesel drag racing force. There IS strength in numbers.
No matter what, I have to give TwistedChris big props, as he's worked his azz off to put together some awesome events in Florida this year.$.02

I agree 100% here!! We have to work with what we have at the moment. I don't think anyone would intentionally rain on another diesel event parade. like Matt sez, we need to stay together for the common cause of diesel drag racing. It is a shame they both fell on the same weekend, because I have some really good friend's that will be at both event's. I too would be in Houston if I possibly could. I don't mean to ruffle anyone's feather's. Now, let's just RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MADDOG said:
I guess that statment pretty well sums it up!!!!
As a promoter of your own organization (diesel drag racing) I would think you would want to have just the opposite attitude. I mean did you give it any thought of what might be a conflict to your race.

Once again people criticize without having all the facts. It took me a year and a half of badgering the local track to even get dates. They were so disappointed with what others had done in the past, they would not give anyone with a diesel the time of day. So when they gave me dates I took them.

We have one vision and goal, to put on races for people that want to race and have fun doing it. So far I think anyone that has attended one of our events has had nothing but a positive experience and if they haven't they need to let me know so I can fix it.

:thankyou2:

Can we get back to talking about the race?

Who's gonna "try" and knock Gary off his throne???

Place your bets people. And let the smack talk smacketh!! LOL LOL LOL

We are at 10 room nights, we need to have 15 to get the $85.00 deal. I need to know who all needs a room. I will not sign this contract until I know we have enough, because I cant afford to pay for the unused rooms

Hey Chris,

Tentatively we will need 4 rooms but only for Saturday night. We've got some people coming in from out-of-town and because it's still a little bit aways, they're trying to set it up.

Thanks,
Vivian

That would put me one away, but you say tentatively ... so I still dont have a warm fuzzy LOL ...........

Shambo Sat
KLincoln Sat
TurboMatt Sat/Sun
WrongWay Sat/Sun
Guest Racer 3 Rooms Sat/Sun
Mombenz 4 Rooms Sat
Twisted Sat/Sun

Other than Vivian, is everyone else ready to book the rooms?

RacinDuallie said:
Gary- do ya want me to send ya some *nx* ? Can ya fit a 55 gal. tank in the bed?? LOL LOL

Matt Jr. says he's gonna need it!!! LOL

My son is offically calling "Mr" Bottle Baby out for a grudge race rematch....on the long track. He says that 8th mile 4x4 advantage wont save his bottle fed butt this time.:evil

:tree:

hello everyone

I would like to take a moment and reply to the earlier post. I personally don’t want to see anyone in the diesel community have to pick sides on the sport that we love and support. As far as our event on October 13th and 14th it would be my fault i was dealing with Moroso back in December of 2006 and in that time i had 3 different track managers in a 4 week period. There was alot of confusion on Moroso side but when they gave me possible dates i drafted and sent over a contract to get them locked in on dates so i knew what dates we had and could promote the events in florida, and no i didn’t check any other schedules.

This also happened on August 4th when our breakaway event ended up landing on the same weekend as our Thunder truck weekend. We had 2 nhrda events on the same weekend, but the events are in 2 different demographics and it did allow for both events to have great turnouts for both spectators and competitors.

In looking at map quest I see that there is 1200 miles between the 2 events in october and i would think that both events will let people in there demographics be able to attend which ever event suites there desire.

Again we dont want to divide the diesel world but we want to promote it in a positive manner. Such as our Outlaw Race in August the NHRDA let DHRA members race at our event and use there DHRA numbers and we did not require them to join the NHRDA we did this to help promote the sport and to get people from both organizations to meet and get to know on another and hopefully make new freindships and just have a good time racing.

I guess in some ways i look at it like the NHRA and IHRA as long as both organizations are putting on good events and both competitors and spectators enjoy the events and have a good time then the sport can only grow. I believe both Moroso and Houston will have great turnouts from both competitors and spectators and that the 2008 season will bring even more people to the sport that we all love.

So to end my long winded post, good luck to all competitors at Houston and to the DHRA and good luck to all NHRDA members at Moroso, may you cut a good light and dont go red.

:thankyou2:

Damn Randy, welcome aboard and I could not have said it any better myself:bow: THAT"S the kind of support the diesel community need's. Thank you very much. Gary

Back