Od lock IN switch

TheBigNasty

Project bish
Is it as simple as a Tc lockup switch where it just needs to be grounded or is it just a momentary? On a 48re...tried searching but on my phone and didn't find anything. I want to he able to get it in od and not downshift when I go to full throttle because right now unless I'm over 2000 it will downshift and that gives me a very limited rpm to dyno with. I know the solenoid is same as Tc but just wondering if it needs to be held to ground or if it's momentary.

I control my Lockup and O/D with a basic toggle that grounds out the solenoids.

I did a manual to auto conversion and this IS the easiest way to control the trans.

So hold the ground to the od solenoid and it holds it in od, no downshift? That's what I needed to know.

I know on my 98 with a 47RE (with a 48RE VB), I can ground a wire exactly like the TC lockup and hold it in 4th...my 98 also downshifts if I try and hold 4th gear WOT below 1800RPM, so I use the switch on the dyno!

Chris

My 47re with a lockup switch won't downshift out of OD at 1600rpm if I've got it locked up.

Well I can tell you a 48 will downshift even with the Tc lockup on. I guess I'll just try a switch, hit it momentary and if it still downshifts I'll just leave it on. All I care is that it doesn't downshift so I can give it full throttle at ~1500 and use more of my rpm range.

My 47re with a lockup switch won't downshift out of OD at 1600rpm if I've got it locked up.

There are some screwy 2nd gen PCM's that will downshift at WOT under 1800RPM...I got one, and so did my builder...the only time it bothers me is on the dyno.

Chris

Mine will downshift if I'm at 75mph on the freeway with the lock up switch off. Turn it on it won't downshift. Only time mine will downshift locked up is if I'm at 1200rpm or so and I stomp on it.

Back