OEM 47RE temp sensor?

CorneliusRox

Seasoned Rookie
I know that there is a wire coming from the 47RE for a Transmission Temp Sensor Signal as seen here:

83255278.gif

Is this a varying temp signal? Possibly one that could be tapped into instead of running a standard gauge?

Just wondering if anyone has messed with that or has more insight into it.

It is what several systems use, such as the BD xmonitor.

really? I guess that is good to know. I have always just seen the bung/sensor style.

Is it accurate?

If it comes on, your trans is more than likely fried, it'll kick it out of lockup then od. Same thing will happen if you run early gov prs sensor and od/lu solenoids in a late model (00-up) truck and visa versa...I think its supposed to come on around 230 or 240 degrees? Correct me if I'm wrong.

If it comes on, your trans is more than likely fried, it'll kick it out of lockup then od. Same thing will happen if you run early gov prs sensor and od/lu solenoids in a late model (00-up) truck and visa versa...I think its supposed to come on around 230 or 240 degrees? Correct me if I'm wrong.

ahh, so it isnt a sensor for temp, but more a fail safe to try and go into limp mode and try to save your trans? That is what I was thinking at first when I saw it.

It is a temp sensor. I think it is a thermistor(resistance varies with temp). If you know the values at a given temp you could use it. To be honest as cheap as a trans temp gauge is, I would just use the trans temp gauge.

Back