ofv ?

Cummins12v

i have smaller ofv on my pump with a fass 220 lift pump i want to make a road trip with the truck but i don't want to burn up my fass can i get by just using a stock ofv to allow more fuel to return?? or what should i do

I think he means smaller hole in the orifice? smaller the hole the higher pressure feeding the pump correct?

I would think stock ofv would work ok. But I'm not a professional

What kind of fuel pressure does it make now?

The fass has an internal bypass so I wouldn't worry to much if it was me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fass has an internal bypass so I wouldn't worry to much if it was me

x2. They're built so they won't burn up. I'd just keep using your current OFV.

If you're really paranoid, you can swap out to the stock one. Your fuel pressure will drop but I'm sure you'd still be in an acceptable daily driving limit. Hook up a fuel gauge and double check!

Higher fuel pressure is not going to burn up your pump... I personally wouldn't risk running the stock OFV especially if you don't have a fuel pressure gauge as you'll have no idea what it's doing and could be nearly running straight through the p-pump and not filling adequately resulting in damage to your plungers and barrels. I know Will (Big Blue24) has ran upwards of 80 PSI without issue, in fact, saw improvement from the higher pressures. Just run it.

I know Will (Big Blue24) has ran upwards of 80 PSI without issue, in fact, saw improvement from the higher pressures. Just run it.

That was with a 160/175 based pump. Not a 180 or 215 like the op has.

That was with a 160/175 based pump. Not a 180 or 215 like the op has.

May have been 160 based... But he changed the pump cam out ;)

Not when the first lift pump set up was built. ;)

Correct, all of my pressure related power gains came when using the 160 pump. My current maxed 215 pump that Seth built the pushes 650 cc's shows zero power gain/loss running between 30 psi and 75 psi. It's air-limited right now, so I might see a small power difference with a bigger turbo setup that can consume/clean-up all 650 cc's...

Back