Oh crap...help...no time for this

UNBROKEN

Ezekiel 25:17
Just started 30 minutes ago. Truck starts, idles and drives fine...at 1/2 throttle. Get into it and it starts bucking pretty bad. RP won't get to 20k and hangs at ~15k then creeps up slow. If it's any indicator smoke is way down.
FCA ?
Thoughts ?
If it's the FCA will it hurt to put a stock one in place of a modded one ?

TS is too close for issues....

if you have the rail capped then i wold say fca and a stock one isn't going to make to much fo a difference just a little less fuel.

Did you check the obvious stuff? Fuel Filter..... Fuel level? I guess being a convert codes are not so helpful.

Check the nuts that hold the wires to the top of the injectors. I had some loose ones and about the same issue.

Only weird code is P0524 Unknown Code on the Smarty. The rest are normal.
Fuel filters on the FASS are new and I filled up this and my work truck at the same time...put 200 miles on the work truck...mine was on a trailer.

Injector wires checked last week when I set the valve lash.
All were good

P0524 los low oil pressure...no Cummins sensor in the truck so it's fine

My Autoenginuity says that code for a dodge is engine oil pressure low. Not sure if it's the correct definition for that code or not.

EDIT lol little late. you do have a cummins senson that ties into the PCM right. Bad sensor causing a detune?

Hell if I know where is it?
OP is fine on my mechanical gauge

side of the engine block under the intake IIRC. Check to see if it is wet with oil. I had to change out the connector on a work truck also because it leaked past the terminals and filled the connector.

down low? That sensor is gone...I used to pull the OP from there before I moved it to the filter head

Can you eliminate the Smarty and road test ? Sounds like a fueling issue to me.

FASS is loud as usual....fuel pressure is perfect.
Will return to stock and test tomorrow.
You're thinking mechanical and not electronic, Snedge ?

Electrical off the top of my head, but checking supply pressure is still a must if reflashing to stock doesn't fix'er up. Does the bucking feel like you're turning the key switch on and off? That makes me think it's a power interuption of some sort, but the low rail and low smoke would lean towards mechanical.
I'd start by going back to stock programming and seeing how it reacts.

Last edited:
Beings it won’t get the normal rail pressure I would start with checking the connections at the rail sensor and the FCA(s) also if running dual pumps it may be an issue with the controller. I had a similar issue except mine would spike the rail pressure. Sounds to me like either a communications issue or a fuel volume issue. Just some thoughts.

Gonna sleep on it tonight...all suggestions will be checked out in the morning.
Robert got me thinking...I cleaned up some wiring the other day around the RP sensor...haven't really drove it hard since then. It drove fine earlier...started doing it after 5-6 hard pulls from 70mph or so.

Keep em coming...I'll look at everything tomorrow.

here is what I would do..
I would take it back to stock...
check oil level
clear codes
turn ignition off
disconnect the oil PSI switch connector
turn ignition back on for 1 minute
Did p0251 code come up?
if "yes" then check your oil PSI with a mech gauge
If "no" check for a signal short to ground
if the mech gauge shows acceptable pressure's then replace you oil pressure sensor.

sounds like the oil psi code is putting your truck in "derate mode" to me...

Back