Oil cooler

ALB6L

Alright i think i saw this somewhere but i can't remember where.. Is there a way to bypass my oil cooler into an external cooling system? Im just trying to get as much as i can out of the way im getting ready to get a fass and a bypass oil filter so i can get rid of the filter housing on the top and i just thought it might be easier to maintain with everything off the top of the engin bay..

Why would you want to remove a liquid to liquid cooler with a huge air to liquid cooler in the front of the engine? Auxillary cooling maybe. But going to a seperate smaller cooler seems backward.

So it wouldn't be a smart idea? I just keep hearing about all the clogged coolers out there and figured Eliminating it might be a good idea.. ive already got a coolant filter kit should that be enough to not worry about it?

When people overheat the engine and bring the coolant level below the cooler. The cooler will rupture from no coolant keeping it cool. It will also rupture from a plugged EGR cooler restricting coolant flow through the cooler.

Im pretty good about not over heating the truck i don't really push it to its limits. and im geetting coolant and oil temp gauges real soon so i should be fine??

Well if you aren't pushing your truck to the limits, then you are as fine as the rest of us :}

That cooler sits in the high pressure reservoir. It pulls as much heat from the oil as it can before it gets abused by the high pressure pump and the injectors.

Alright if its not a huge problem i will leave it be then thanks...

When people overheat the engine and bring the coolant level below the cooler. The cooler will rupture from no coolant keeping it cool. It will also rupture from a plugged EGR cooler restricting coolant flow through the cooler.

That is what happened to mine. My truck was puking out so much coolant that it wasn't able to keep the oil cooler at the right temp.

Back