Oil feed

motorwood

Have seen plenty of pumps with self contained oil, so is it not necessary to have pressure feed above center cam support on a p-7100?

On a competition engine self contained pumps, get the oil changed after every pull or every other pull. For DD or weekend street truck, I'd leave the OEM oil feed alone.

This is a non-dodge pump that fed from the front, so i cant retain factory feed. It will be fed (with a restrictor) throught the lift pump block off instead of the passage that intersects with the no.3 lifter bore where it then runs right down on the center cam support. It will still be fed, drained, and keep the same oil level. I think i just answered my own question. The center support is splash fed either way, so should be fine.

This is a non-dodge pump that fed from the front, so i cant retain factory feed. It will be fed (with a restrictor) throught the lift pump block off instead of the passage that intersects with the no.3 lifter bore where it then runs right down on the center cam support. It will still be fed, drained, and keep the same oil level. I think i just answered my own question. The center support is splash fed either way, so should be fine.

Exactly. You did just answer your own question.

That won't work. The block off could be used as a drain point, but it will not supply pressurized oil to the pump.

How is feeding it at cam centerline gonna be different than #3 tappet bore? Isn't oil level dictated by drains at the front bearing either way?

Back