Oil fitting

12VALVEADAM

Motivated
Anybody know where i can get a tight 90* for my oil lines? It has to fit between the oil filter housing and a steed speed manifold. Im running compounds so i need both ports. the one i have just dont wrok way to high.:doh:

Anybody know where i can get a tight 90* for my oil lines? It has to fit between the oil filter housing and a steed speed manifold. Im running compounds so i need both ports. the one i have just dont wrok way to high.:doh:
Have tried using a 90 jic screwed on to the housing , then attatching your oil fitting.

Hope that makes sense.

One is 1/8th pipe and I think the other is M12, ditch the stock fitting and that will gain you clearance, JIC's are just fine to use.

Jim

Take the fitting out and with you to check for sure, I know ACE hardware has a display to check what threads are, I use it and will likely do it again.

Jim

The thread is M12x1.5. Should be able to find a M12 straight thread to a -4 or -6 JIC, and then have the 90 degree fitting on the end of the hose.

The thread is M12x1.5. Should be able to find a M12 straight thread to a -4 or -6 JIC, and then have the 90 degree fitting on the end of the hose.
The second port is 1/8" isn't it? I'm assuming that's the one he's asking for.

The second port is 1/8th.

The port the stock line feeds from which is closest to the block is the M12x.1.5.

Why they're different? I have no idea!!!!

The second port is 1/8" isn't it? I'm assuming that's the one he's asking for.

The second port is 1/8" NPT. But thats the outside port. If he is having interference issue due to the manifold, it will be on the inside port, I would think.

I drilled the 1/8 npt out and tapped it to 1/4 npt and ran a jic elbow. Used the stock location for the top turbo and made a hydrauilic hose for the bottom turbo. You can find o-ring to jic adapters pretty readily at ag stores to adapt to the turbo

Yes it is the inside port closest to the engine. It is weird why one is 1/8npt and the other is not. My fittings I have now will work for mock up but it touches the side of the manifold. Probably not the best for the oil line.

Back