oil leak

turbojoe

Cummin get you some
What is the most common thing to leak oil by the hpop cover on the 03 6.0l. have a buddy with a unmalested 03 155K mi. that never went to dealer for motor issues(perfect 6.0 huh?!). you could see oil leaking from the top center of block (under up pipes) and come down to drivers side. i took the turbo/pedestal off and it has the stupid toilet seat intake that covers everything in the back so you cant see. i am just wondering if there is a sensor that leaks, that i could get to with out removing the intake just yet. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Joe

well, I suppose it could possibly be the ICP, IPR or turbo oil return tube. I wouldn't rule out the HPOP cover either.

well, I suppose it could possibly be the ICP, IPR or turbo oil return tube. I wouldn't rule out the HPOP cover either.

exactly what was just mentioned. Either ICP, IPR, turbo drain line or the HPOP housing cover gasket. One of those will be your culprit. It's probably more than likely the ICP cause it's very common for this to leak through the sensor. And if it is the ICP sensor...go to ford and also get the new pigtail connector for it.

Well i was feeling around because i cant see nothing and it ended up being the icp sensor:woohoo:. oil leaked right thru it and the connecter was all wet. BUT i cant remove the sensor because no socket will fit. either too short or too long and you cant get a 1/2 drive in there either. now i have to wait 4 days for the Snap-off specialty socket specific for the 03 6.0l icp.:bang:bang. thanks for the help guys. i also found out the egr cooler tube(silicone hose) was leaking too. also why do you need to change the pig tail, does the oil mess with the readings?

thanks

Joe

you don't need the special socket. I replaced mine already. I put right size socket on the sensor then used a pair of vise grips on the socket to loosen it then used fingers to unscrew the rest of the way out.

how in the heck did you get vise grips in there? the up-pipes are still on and it has the toilet seat intake

Joe

read the 6.0 article in the ford section.. takes a cheap wrench and a pry bar...
good luck!!

how in the heck did you get vise grips in there? the up-pipes are still on and it has the toilet seat intake

Joe

haha it was tough but doable. I just unhooked the front drive shaft and took off the heat shield between the firewall and Y-pipe. I believe there's three bolts that hold the heat shield on(two 10mm bolts and i think there's a 13mm one also) Then slid my hand up over the bell housing to do all the work. Probably be easier doing it from underneath the truck like i did rather than from up top. Took me little over halt hour from start to finish and back rolling again.

damn wish i would have read first before i took the turbo off. oh well. live and learn.
thanks guys
Joe

Back