oil pressure issues

tarter6bt

broke ass
Posting this while goin down the road. If I run 55-60 at 1800 rpm I have good 40 psi oil pressure. But if I hammer down to pass someone my pressure drops to 20ish. Also I was running 80 around 2200 rpm and the oil pressure gauge was bouncing from 40 to 20 psi. If I take cruise off it goes back to 40 and stays there. What would cause this im stopin at oreilys to get sensor hopefully that's all it is. What else could this be if it ain't the sensor. Thanks for help

Sounds electrical to me. Check with mechanical gauge?

Tobin

Would a new gauge from isspro be a better route to go. Than to rely on the factory bs

Mine was acting funny and would even drop to below 0 all the sudden if i hammered down. Took a couple tense days to trouble shoot but I found it to be a bad oil p sender but what was weird if oil was actually leaking through the sensor body and out the electrical connector. No idea how it happened. New sender fixed it no problem. Be aware though it takes a special socket, make sure to pick it up when you by the sender.

Common problem and mine is doing it as we speak. My oil gauge looks like my boost gauge in reverse. It is totally normal for the sensor to leak out the plug when it goes bad. Also the sensor is a real PITA to get out. Its hiding under the PPump above the power steering pump with a bracket around it. I am really dreading it. Mine started dying the day after a pump swap when it would have been a snap to change. Such is life!!

Back