Oil pressure sensor

mtboggs

My oil pressure sensor is bad and I've been trying to find where it is but keep coming up empty handed. I keep reading that it's on the driver side but I can't find it. It's probably behind something and I just haven't got at the right angle to see it..... If anybody could help me out I'd appreciate it

Put your hand around the backside of the power steering pump. Feel the wire loom going to it? That same wire loom is tied into the tps sensor plug in, follow it down.

12Ve_locations-l_zps1ca7b6ac.gif

I changed my power steering pump a while back and I don't remember seeing anything there

If you changed the power steering pump without removing that sensor you most likely snapped it off. This is CompD by the way. No newb starter stickies... cf sounds like a good place for you to go do some reading, not trying to be mean, knowledge is power.

It's 'fairly' easily accessible from under the truck. Definitely can't really see it from above unless the injection pump is out.

I'm not trying to be a butt. I've worked on diesel ever since I could turn a wrench, I have 2 degrees one in ag mechanics and the other in diesel mechanics I'm not saying i know everything because I don't but I'm no dummy I just figured asking on hear would get a quicker answer than trying to find time to do some research

I'm not trying to be a butt. I've worked on diesel ever since I could turn a wrench, I have 2 degrees one in ag mechanics and the other in diesel mechanics I'm not saying i know everything because I don't but I'm no dummy I just figured asking on hear would get a quicker answer than trying to find time to do some research

Is ask for my money back...... Just saying. It's a simple one to find its driver side middle of the block. Just get a flashlight and look.

I love how there's a bounch of ass holes on hear so you all are saying you've never missspelled a word and didn't realize it?

BOTH Pinky's eyes are twitching. She could teach an hour-long class on your last post.....

Well it pisses me off we are all human we all make mistakes and when people call others out for misspelling words I think that's childish

I can I just hate how some of the guys do that on hear because I've seen several other post that people were pretty harsh because of spelling and other things. I'm sorry I misspelled several words but I'm also using on iPhone and can hit several letters at a time and not notice it untill I've already posted I'm not hear to get judged on my spelling I'm hear to learn more get opinions advise and help when I need it

To help a guy out, there is a chance that he bought the truck used and someone before him relocated the sensor...just saying...Definitely funny about catching a hard time on here though.

I just changed my sensor. It seemed like it was further back. Maybe it just felt that way while standing at back of driver's fender. Anyway. I got to it from up top also.

Back