ok possible dumb question

runnindiesel

almighty powerstroke
alright one of the guys i work with said that they used to put transmission fluid in the fuel bowl after they replaced a fuel filter and they drained the bowl first of course, ok my question here is that ok to do and if so can you run clean transmission fluid in the tank without having any problems

Transmission fluid has been used by old truckers for years for cleaning purposes. The high detergent content makes it a good cleaner. Having said that, you won't see me pouring it into the tank or the fuel filter in my truck.

partsguy662 said:
Transmission fluid has been used by old truckers for years for cleaning purposes. The high detergent content makes it a good cleaner. Having said that, you won't see me pouring it into the tank or the fuel filter in my truck.
ok i just wanted someone elses opinoin on this before i tried something stupid

partsguy662 said:

I have spoken with an ATF formulator...u'd be surprised at the lack of "detergency" ATF contains.

Hammer

Back