OK... Time for a lift kit debate!

4S FED

Head Monkey
Here is the deal...

I am looking for a SMALL lift (3-4") for my '05 4x4 F250 PSD. I can't take the stupid "leveling kit" any longer. The thing handles terrible on the highway. :bang I want something that is smooth riding on the road. I would also like something that is built well and is easy to install. Basicly, I want to use 35-37" tires on my 20" wheels. The truck doesn't see dirt much. :) Anybody have any ideas?

My brother in law just had a 4.5" from Donahoe Racing installed. Looks good and rides like stock. Looks to be a well built kit. Time will tell how it stands up.

I'm on my second lift kit.First lift sucked it drove like a dump truck. I have a 4" Pro Comp it is a little stiffer then stock but it handles like a champ. It's perfect for the highway running, the truck won't bounce all over the place like most due. I would recommend getting better shocks than what they offer. I also did the add a leaf instead of the bigger block. Zero wrap.. even with a hard launch. I would do 6" WITH 37" tires. I don't recommend going bigger if its a daily driver.
I run 35" Nitto on 18" wheels.
I would post picks but I'm a retard.:drool:

If you got the dough, then go Donahoe!

Smoothest riding springs period. I run their 4" springs up front and their 5" spring in back and they ride killer. Then, get my extra lift from elsewhere, front drop-hangers and shackles and rear blocks.

For you, a set of 4" springs in front with stock hangers or Donahoe's 4.5" hanger/stock springs and 5" springs in back with no block is ideal, but that may hurt your towing. You could then get some airbags to compensate. In the rear I run my 5" springs, 3" blocks and a set of airbags. ;)

sredish said:
If you got the dough, then go Donahoe!

Smoothest riding springs period. I run their 4" springs up front and their 5" spring in back and they ride killer. Then, get my extra lift from elsewhere, front drop-hangers and shackles and rear blocks.

For you, a set of 4" springs in front with stock hangers or Donahoe's 4.5" hanger/stock springs and 5" springs in back with no block is ideal, but that may hurt your towing. You could then get some airbags to compensate. In the rear I run my 5" springs, 3" blocks and a set of airbags. ;)

I forgot to mention the sag when hooked to a decent sized trailer :x-out: Im lookin for a set of bags to remedy that issue as well.

SSpeed,

That is the one from Donahoe that I thought they were talking about. Looks like a nice kit.

Last edited:
Another question would be: Who makes a good duel steering stabilizer? Will most kits fit on any lift? No lift?

Last edited:
Put on a 6" fabtec 4 link, what a great lift, better that stock. Their dual front took care of all my front bump steer probs.

It looks like DR is a favorite. I thought it would be... I have seen some of their stuff first hand, and it IS NICE! :ylsuper:

I'll tell ya, I think the Dodge guys are lucky though. The KORE Performance kits are about the best and BEEFY-est setups that I have seen! :bow: But, what can I say... I am secretly a Dodge guy. :aiwebs_026: :huh:: :1tooth:

w_wilson said:
Put on a 6" fabtec 4 link, what a great lift, better that stock. Their dual front took care of all my front bump steer probs.

I like the Fabtec setups. That 4-link looks like it would ride nice! They have a whole bunch of options that you can add too. That is always nice. Did you use there Dirtlogic shocks? How do those work out?

so you cant use hangers in the front then, like they are saying LOL

fabtech and DR are the only two lifts I'll use. I bet the Fabtech 4 link is a KILLER setup. Get some pics up when you can. I just wish I have some coils to play with.

The RIZE 4 link suspension lift is also killer. No extra drilling mounts up to factory holes. Built superb. Go with Donohue springs and King coilovers. RIZE also makes steering stabilizers. Just my opinion though. www.rizeind.com is the web site.

Back