On-board

Buck1

Something
Air

Whats everybody got that works/didn't work etc? Can be belt drive or 12V powered.

Install pics always nice too.

Probably going to do something of the 12V variety to go back in my truck, since there is not much room left in the engine compartment.

Last edited:
Yes, fingers and brain not connected today. Multitasking does not help either.

Less than $500 would be good.

Seen some nice 12V Units made with Winch Motors and York Air compressors for over $1K.

yeah i have done some pretty wallet draining installs, i would go with and air zenith 100% duty 12v compressor and as big of a tank as you can fit in your truck. (at least 5 gallons) this set up can be had for less than 500.00

Any good sources/vendors you have used in the past? What kind of CFMs @ what pressures? I think I may get (2) 5-7 gallon tanks stuffed underneath.

Buck1 said:
Any good sources/vendors you have used in the past? What kind of CFMs @ what pressures? I think I may get (2) 5-7 gallon tanks stuffed underneath.

i dont think any vendors carry that stuff here, i would just google air zenith and come up with a retailer with a good price. on the tanks i would try hornblasters.com as they are where i usually buy my tanks and stuff. their prices are pretty decent last time i checked. if i remember correctly the air zenith is rated for 150psi @100% duty, so i would just run a 130 on 150 off switch with a gauge and be done with it. I wouldnt skimp on the wire either, no smaller than 8ga. wire straight to the battery, it will help on the heating of the wire when the compressor is on for a prolonged amount of time.

Found a couple of options in what I would call the "reasonable" price range.

www.readyair.com
www.airzenith.com - seem to be sold at numerous places.

Both compressors seem to be pretty fairly matched.

Thanks for the help.:thankyou2:

Buck1 said:
Found a couple of options in what I would call the "reasonable" price range.

www.readyair.com
www.airzenith.com - seem to be sold at numerous places.

Both compressors seem to be pretty fairly matched.

Thanks for the help.:thankyou2:

here is some not for the faint of heart...i just installed one of these a couple of months ago in a buddies truck with a 16 gallon tank, fills in 35 sec! You can run air tools of the compressor alone with no tank at all!

http://www.oasismfg.com/products.html

Back