One freakin year to the day!

Dalpilot

Joe Nobody!
That is how long ago my truck started acting up. Bucking, kicking, surging, Loss of 2 MPG, and higher than normal egt's. Never threw a code, not once, never showed an injector bad on a cylinder balance test. Till yesterday. #5 finally showed up. Swapped it out this morning and it runs like a champ again. The stars have aligned, birds are singing, the clouds have parted. I couldn't be happier. But seriously a year? Ford through IPR, 2- ICP's, An HPOP, Fuel pump, Harness, and other crap, to no avail. Finally they said it's broke, we can't fix it, and all this crap you have on here is whats wrong. :bang Well :shake::shake::shake::shake: Today she runs like a beast again. Broke the tires loose in second, again!:rockwoot::cheer::cheer::cheer::woohoo::woohoo:

Lmao, typical ferd! My buddies 03 did the same thing until we replaced his injectors, and now his 04 is doing the same thing. Trying to convince him to upgrade if we're going to hassle with replacing them AGAIN.

Well thanks for your useful post. Mine has 97000 HARD miles on it, and this is the first issue, and it turns out to be a bad injector that has been in two different, HARD run motors, with probably 75000 miles on it. I can see how that is A serious issue. :doh:

Tim your suppose to be working on Deranged not your other pos ford truck. lol see you at TS!

Well thanks for your useful post. Mine has 97000 HARD miles on it, and this is the first issue, and it turns out to be a bad injector that has been in two different, HARD run motors, with probably 75000 miles on it. I can see how that is A serious issue. :doh:

Easy there sensitive sally, no need to get all defensive. I've got 6 buddies with 6.0's and 4 of them have had injector issues....excuse me for making the correlation between bad injectors and ford trucks

Hope to get mine all sorted out soon too...

Glad it's running good again Tim!! (Nothing better than you finding the problem, and fixing it.):rockwoot:

Maybe I should change my slogan, and see if it helps......:hehe:

That is how long ago my truck started acting up. Bucking, kicking, surging, Loss of 2 MPG, and higher than normal egt's. Never threw a code, not once, never showed an injector bad on a cylinder balance test. Till yesterday. #5 finally showed up. Swapped it out this morning and it runs like a champ again. The stars have aligned, birds are singing, the clouds have parted. I couldn't be happier. But seriously a year? Ford through IPR, 2- ICP's, An HPOP, Fuel pump, Harness, and other crap, to no avail. Finally they said it's broke, we can't fix it, and all this crap you have on here is whats wrong. :bang Well :shake::shake::shake::shake: Today she runs like a beast again. Broke the tires loose in second, again!:rockwoot::cheer::cheer::cheer::woohoo::woohoo:

What was it doing?? Mine cranks like crap, wont run right till my temp hits normal and if it rev it any at all be4 my temp is at normal it will blow blueish white smoke.. No codes, did an injector test on my buddy's snap on and it said icp once and one injector once but never popped back up and it still doesn't throw any codes but i cannot take off normal without it being at normal oper. temp. or it will puff the steam out

all fords run good when they get ready to blow up

lol just messing with ya
glad to hear its runnig good now you can pull deranged to T/S

true... that dowel pin is a bugger... spend 30 minutes to pull the front cover, stake it, and button it back up and never worry about it again...

that's almost as bad as 2 years of poor running that can't even be diagnosed by the manufacturer! :D

Hey Forrest, did you miss the whole cross brand bashing in the tech areas is against the site rules post at the top of each section? Giving someone a hard time about their problems in the tech area where they are/were looking for help aint cool, it is just being a dick. LOL

Woo, if only the transmissions, fuel systems, and front ends were half hour, free fixes!

Hey Forrest, did you miss the whole cross brand bashing in the tech areas is against the site rules post at the top of each section? Giving someone a hard time about their problems in the tech area where they are/were looking for help aint cool, it is just being a dick. LOL

I did miss it, and I apologize :eek:

but your problem is solved and you're not looking for help, right? :D :p

Back