One piece driveshaft done now major issues

I'm leaning towards rear axle issue: pinion angle when loaded, spring issue, etc. You've changed bearings and driveshaft, still have issues........

Changed a ton of bearings the only reason I went to one piece shaft is because I kept ripping out the center bearing which is caused by Axelwrap correct so if the pinion angle is too high by saying inch when I torquing up it goes past the point where the center bearing can still stay in the rubber that's why they want to shim my pinion down some guy at the dealer says the cups on the rear u joint are almost matching hence causing a vibration so what I'm saying is two-piece ds it would push out the rubber with a one peice ds it would cause a vibration is anyone picking up what I'm laying downlol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay so I tried taking the driveshaft off spun it a half turn and put it back on still the same vibration that Spicer part number is a casting number not berring number so I guess I'm just going to get them to shim it and put another leaf and see what happens But it's like a $2000 to fix that

it sounds like you really need a set of traction bars to keep the rear axle from wrapping. sounds like you u-bolts or springs are allowing the rear axle to wrap to much while its under load. I know another guy with a quad cab long bed that had an issue with the axle wrap when only pulling a trailer. Traction bars and there was no farther issue.

I would hook up a trailer with a load and hold the trailer breaks and start moving the truck forward while either someone watches the rear axle or you video it to see what kinda movement you are getting.

Okay so I tried taking the driveshaft off spun it a half turn and put it back on still the same vibration that Spicer part number is a casting number not berring number so I guess I'm just going to get them to shim it and put another leaf and see what happens But it's like a $2000 to fix that

What spicer number is a casting number? There shouldn't be any spicer parts in a dodge 3rd gen.

I'm going to go with your leaf springs are wore out and are not controllnig axle wrap. Are your leafs straight where the ubolts clamp them to the diff?

I'm going to go with your leaf springs are wore out and are not controllnig axle wrap. Are your leafs straight where the ubolts clamp them to the diff?

I did New leaf's back around Christmas time sometime. But yes they are straight there they have been for years since the truck was new I mean they only go a couple three weeks before their like that again I know I should run traction bars like I stated before I'm scared about them and towing all the time. here's a picture of the steady bearing bracket let let me know what you guys think of this I've got a line on a new one and I'm thinking about going back to two piece just to see if my vibration is still there if it goes awayImageUploadedByTapatalk1367428346.263403.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367428362.175375.jpg

Bracket looks fine! get some trac bars on it they will not interfere with your towing!

Traction bars probably wouldn't be a bad idea. BUT, why did the vibration not show up until the truck was loaded a second time?

Traction bars probably wouldn't be a bad idea. BUT, why did the vibration not show up until the truck was loaded a second time?

That's exactly what I'm saying I'm wondering the same thing I think that I possibly bent the leafs that little bit more just enough to throw them out of alignmentImageUploadedByTapatalk1367500221.921311.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1367500249.830851.jpg

Okay here's an update ended up putting into new spring packs the two-piece driveline back in the Spicer center bearing added new set of traction bars havent gone to far but so far so good

Back