One thing led to another. Build thread.

...and the excitement mounts!!!!!!!!!! "One thing led to another" is an absolute perfect title for this build.

Hardly exciting, but it's all I have for now. Les at Silver Bullet sent me a base file to start the truck with. If all goes well it'll be running early next week, and we'll be out at the nhrda event. It'll probably just see some quick hit's to the 60' mark.

F736DEF1-232D-4F2B-8AB4-D3628584583E_zpsmum6vuhy.jpg

Shoot ya still gotta not leak anything, spool in a reasonable time, launch, hook, lock the converter, and do the 1-2 shift....lot going on in that first 60 feet!

I just read the whole post this truck is absolutely amazing. The craftsmanship and attention to detail is insane it's like building a pro mod lol. Excited to see it run! I sure as **** shouldn't have the patience to do what you have done I would've been burnt out by now lol

Shoot ya still gotta not leak anything, spool in a reasonable time, launch, hook, lock the converter, and do the 1-2 shift....lot going on in that first 60 feet!

Convwrter lock up will be on a timer off the trans brake. 1-2 shift on rpm after trans brake release, and les is working on a tune that'll work as a 2-step at the line. It'll still be a handful.

Convwrter lock up will be on a timer off the trans brake. 1-2 shift on rpm after trans brake release, and les is working on a tune that'll work as a 2-step at the line. It'll still be a handful.

At what RPM will you be getting into 2nd?

It sounds so smooth! Congrats to your for putting together such an awesome build and Kingspeed for such a smooth running engine!

Curious to see how far you travel from the stripe before you get into 2nd. We try to get into 2nd as fast as possible.

It'll be a learning curve and we'll definitely play with shift points as long as it stays together.

I've heard good stuff about this oil.

F06555E3-AA29-4D4F-A575-213D3E19381F_zpsneoe1eha.jpg

Racepak drag dash

0EFF6F4B-5AAC-488C-87B6-9C296580DBC6_zpsd8emugng.jpg

Cory navigated his way through the racepak software pretty easily -- good thing because they aren't much help on the phone.

A6FA3D6B-E446-465D-A57B-0A0E8160EC4D_zpsz7d0pdxv.jpg

6B85223F-7D68-47DE-BD0E-E13AB792BF01_zpspllrbnai.jpg

Late night diesel run.

392CAF9E-C6F9-4F5D-BB94-E1597C0BAF7B_zpswsny11py.jpg

Back