Operation New Dawn

ShootinBlankz

Well now that its all over the news I guess I can say it on here. I provided security on the last military airlift mission in to Baghdad in support of OND. It was amazing and the Iraqi insurgents were kind enough to come out and say good bye too. They sent us off with a hail of IDF and small arms fire on our way out the door. Ive personally spent a lot of time in and around Baghdad and lost more than a few friends along the way. I personally dont know how I feel about this. Was it all in vain? I guess only time will tell. Thoughts?

I know that the 4 tours that I had there wasnt a waste of time, especially when the "Anbar Awakening" happened.

I'm over in Afgh right now, no wasted time here.

I know that the 4 tours that I had there wasnt a waste of time, especially when the "Anbar Awakening" happened.

I'm over in Afgh right now, no wasted time here.

very good point. my wife just got back from afghanistan and she didnt waste anytime there

definitely didnt mean it was a waste of time, sorry if thats how it came across. I feel like we are leaving to early. There are still huge questions/needs that needed to be addressed before we "washed" our hands and peaced out. I've seen first hand the transitions that have occurred over my 3 tours. Im sure many on here can agree on that. At the end of the day I dont want to feel like my friends, our brothers and sisters sacrifices are being set aside just to fulfill a campaign promise to try and get 4 more years.

Last edited:
I missed this thread, but never to late to voice an opinion.

**** that place. It's a lost cause. Everything in that region is hopeless. Not worth losing American lives for. So what if we help them out and help get a decent govt in place. They'll still fall back on their muslim background, or get pressured by neighbors, and fall right back into their old habits.

Back