Opinion to buy or not. 06 with 300,000 miles

dodgemaniac

I am asking this for a friend of mine that is looking at purchasing a truck. Truck is a 2006 ccsb slt with a 6 speed manual and has 300,000 miles and 6800 hours. Truck looks very clean for the mileage inside and out. Just a touch of rust starting around the top of the rear wheel wells. Truck is a Pennsylvania truck so im sure the underside has some rust present.

Dealer just took in the truck and is asking $12,500 for it.

Would appreciate opinions of everyone weather this is a good buy at this price or not. He has also mentioned that he would like to get about another 100,000 out of it without too many problems if purchased. I am not sure if Items like clutch and injectors are stock or have been replaced since it is a dealer trade in.

photo's of the truck in question

photo3_zps6b1d3066.jpg

photo1_zps3e3e2794.jpg

photo2_zpsbbe6b5f6.jpg

Last edited:
Seems like a fair enough price. In April I got 16,000 for my 07 with 202,000 on the clock and I think roughly around 5,000+ hours. With the right treatment of these engines 10,000 hours should be easy.

If that's what your friend wants and that's his price range then go for it. With that many miles it's bound to have a few minor issues here and there.

Last edited:
Spencer, it gets my approval. Do I know said friend? I can help replace injectors if that's an issue down the road if your friend buys it.

Jordan

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back