out of nowhere 40psi??

dixon700

cummins fanatic
I drove the 26mi to work and everything was normal. When I started to leave work I seen my fuel psi pegged at 40psi at idle, and about 35 or so at 2000rpm. It normally drops from 22-24psi to 12psi or less under wot, so the psi drop looked normal, but altogether too high. The adjuster is tight, so it didn't back out or anything. I don't want to blow the seals out of my cp3. I emailed airdog last night. They got back to me this morning. I was told to with the airdog running to back the adjuster all the way out. Then run it back into the desired psi. I had it all the out, to all the way in and it never dropped to less than 36psi.

I'm going to put my car back together, so the truck can sit till I figure this out.

I believe it's my psi sender. I got a mechanical gauge and the psi seems about normal and the psi goes up and down with regulator. So I have to get a hold of isspro.

My isspro did the same thing. It's stuck at 40 psi.

Had it happen to a friend and isspro sent him something for the sending unit that solved the problem. Don't quite remember what that was.

But my airdog quit running also so I haven't seen the need to call them yet.

Back