Out with the old in with the new.

I talked to Chris once I understood how the gate works he then told me to start with both springs installed and adjust with boost. I was able at full boost applied to gate get to 65lbs of boost and 85 LBS of back pressure.

No pump did great before with old injectors and old setup. I think a plate or smaller injectors might be the answer. Not saying it does not need to be played with just looking at the variables that have actually changed on this upgrade.

I believe you can cut the fuel down enough with the afc to get it to light good and not put the fire out. I wouldnt step down injector size until you at least spend some time tuning the afc. The plate will limit WOT fueling if you need to, but the actual afc control will change how much and how fast the fuel comes on.

Great build by the way:rockwoot:

Have you messed with the afc? Wasnt sure if your talking WOT fueling or fueling throughout the rpm range?

it will be hard to look at the AFC there is no afc housing on the pump has KW delet.

Max is there a plate in the console if not get me your address and I will send you one I found the ground plate the other night and there there should be a 0 plate here if its not in the console of the truck

Nothing in truck George. I will send you over my address on email thanks. I was just reading up on afc/starwheel tuning LOL.

it will be hard to look at the AFC there is no afc housing on the pump has KW delet.

Max is there a plate in the console if not get me your address and I will send you one I found the ground plate the other night and there there should be a 0 plate here if its not in the console of the truck

Long time no see George!! Hope you're doing well!!

You might also try and find an AFC Max...they are very handy tuning tools....with a ~400cc pump and 5x.014's I could see not NEEDING one...but I would call them a big help with your new found fuel.

Mod it to not open up until 30psi or more, and you may see more gain there from less overfueling on the bottom end.

Chris

That explains allot on what is happening. Full "new found fuel" at no boost will kill the fire.. Plus truck is falling over on its face on spool up. Well I will be putting 5x014 back in for now to get my times back and then go the big fuel direction in due time.

I had the same problem with putting the fire out until i put the afc arm back in and started tuning. I have a 24v with 7x14s, a 160 pump with a rack plug and 191s. I has enough fuel to totally choke it out.

I would definitly get one and start playing with it.

I am sure its the turbo's that just need tooned in. if it ran completly clean by the 120 foot mark with an hx40 and ht3b I am sure its not over fueling

NorwalkChryslerClassic07520-486x239.jpg

lilredexpress2.jpg

good Chris how have you been

Max I did not see that you changed the injecters. I know when we had it on the engine dyno when we first set the truck up tried a guys big custom injecters from indiana and we lost power over the 370's good thing we got to try them before we payed for them :)

Last edited:
I think both. You had ddp 5x.014. I dropped in 5x.018, it is over fueled and litterally blackened the track to the point where it disappeared. It use to haze with the ddp's. Truck has a plate in it as of today. I will dial it in close then start tuning both turbos.

BTW you still have the best fuel only pass. Mine is 11.00 backed up now 5 times within a hundreth LOL.

good Chris how have you been

Good, busy as heck, but good!

Not trying to say the AFC is a necessity, but another thing I have noticed is that IMHO, HX40's "light" easier than S300's....seems like the S300 needs more boost to "start working," while the Holsets seem to start doing their job as soon as the needle moves.

Just an observation from my experience....yours may vary:D
Chris

With you on that one man..... Only ran 3 passes so far and it spools a bit slower. On the street it seems to light about the same as the 40. In fact I think I will be able to go to a 66 on the next turbo upgrade and still be very streetable.

I didn't read carefully I guess, is your MPH down as well?

MPH is 123 on one pass 124 on another and that is the exact mph I had on the same nitrous shot before all the upgrades.......Interesting.

What I lost was 60ft from choking the motor with too much fuel. Get that back and I am where I was before if not better..... Hopefully better.

Last edited:
I installed an intermediate pipe gauged tonight. Gonna run many passes tomorrow and tune it in to the best of my ability.

Well I got the truck at 75lbs of boost and 80lbs of back pressure. Was not able to get a pass in though, truck got a nail in the slick. Will be back at it this week. Moving back pressure gauge to the intermediate pipe and see where it is at next.

Thats pretty damn good. You have more fuel to play with?

I have what seems like a ton of fuel to play with it. A 0 plate is backed almost all the way and it still puts out a good gray trail of smoke with the latest readings. Now time to see what the big charger is doing.

Got a reading on the 480 today. It was peaking at 32psi. I set it to peak at 40. Cranked it down a little more after that hit too hoping to end up at 45 at the track when the filter comes off. Hope I don't blow up the 2ndary coming off its internal gate so much.

Back