Outlaws looking at 2.6 for 2013

97crewcab

Wrong.
According to the Outlaw's website they are looking at a 2.6 diesel 4x4 class for 2013. This will result in pulls primarily in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, and Missouri. :rockwoot:

Preliminary rules being brought up are 2.6, single rear wheels (to reduce breakage for multi day events), and the obvious safety equipment.

Final rules and class interest will be discussed in the Kansas City / St. Joe, MO area on Saturday December 8th. Also you can join the OTTPA and sign up under the class to get a better idea on where to book the class.

I like. My brother did an exhibition hook at the kansas state fair this year with these guys. I think they realize they are missing out on a pretty good crowd with no agenda here in the midwest.

I am excited. Hoping for some of our bigger pulls around here like Thunder by the River in wisner.

All I can say is show your interest so they know we are out here. Not sure if I can make the rules meeting or not but I may take the day off work to go and make sure this goes.

I am just the messenger at this point, I have no ties with the Outlaws.

This would be a sweet deal, a small group of us got to pull with them at white wright tx this year great group of guys...

Don't let them get rid of dual rear wheels, we have spare ring and pinions, we will just blow our tires off with singles.

They don't have a truck class with duals, and I don't see them changing that. It would be a shame to have to make the chassis work rather than just throw more tire on it.

They want a class with good power and no breakage. Getting power to the ground is not that hard with a single tire

The way I read it is that the single wheel rule was so that guys could compete at muli-day events. For example here in Nebraska they have Thunder by the River which is 2 days, 3 sessions. The two sessions on saturday are Noon and 5pm.

A few of us are going to the meeting in Omaha on Friday to support this class. For those of you interested we will let you know what happens and keep you in the loop the best we can.

Also a good thing to look at is the Xcaliber rules HERE since the OTTPA press release says that they are looking at using these rules other than single tires and turbos. This would basically make it an open driveline 2.6 single tire class.

As stated before I see why they would want to allow for strong drivelines but it looks like this will make a mix of a couple classes. I don't have any issue pulling my 2.6 driveline and I assume others will feel the same way.

A few of us are going to the meeting in Omaha on Friday to support this class. For those of you interested we will let you know what happens and keep you in the loop the best we can.

Also a good thing to look at is the Xcaliber rules HERE since the OTTPA press release says that they are looking at using these rules other than single tires and turbos. This would basically make it an open driveline 2.6 single tire class.

As stated before I see why they would want to allow for strong drivelines but it looks like this will make a mix of a couple classes. I don't have any issue pulling my 2.6 driveline and I assume others will feel the same way.

Xcaliber rules meeting is on Dec.1 so don't put your rules in stone just yet.

Outlaws have meetings friday November 16th and December 8th so I don't see anything being set in stone until mid December anyway.

Nothing says You have to run open driveline but the option is nice. A oem reared will hold up easily to a single tire.

11am tomorrow, not 10am at the Ramada in Omaha.

After more discussion tonight they are leaning very hard toward 2.6 with mwe. They sound like they want to keep it like we run currently but a single 35" 12.5" tire.

Driveline is still up for discussion at this point. They realize that there are more 2.6 trucks in the areas that they are proposing to pull in but want to again keep breakage down.

The big thing tonight was that safety is the most important and you will not pull if you don't have ALL of the required equipment. No questions, no one time pass!

Its not to hard to understand. Its xcaliber rules but using a 2.6 turbo and with srw. One of the meetings was today and im sure what was dicussed will be posted in this thread.

Back