over fueling?

OrangeNV

BISH please
i have a fueling question i would like you guys to answer....

if your injectors already gave you enough fuel for the turbos you are running, would more power be gianed by going bigger than 181 dv's?

is there a specific flow element to dv's, and not so much a cc gain? or do they strictly increase cc output?

then if you had too much fuel with big dv's, if you cut the plate back would you still get the fuel cc gain from them or are they strictly top end?

obviously you are not going to gain hp with a stock turbo throwing full cuts at it, but in a twin setup or big single, can overfueling hurt performance? not an extreme overfueling, but maybe one size dv too big, or one injector size too big

i have a fueling question i would like you guys to answer....

if your injectors already gave you enough fuel for the turbos you are running, would more power be gianed by going bigger than 181 dv's? You may gain more power, but you will also gain heat as well. What are your egt's now?

is there a specific flow element to dv's, and not so much a cc gain? or do they strictly increase cc output? Different DV's are made to flow different ways. Some are made to fuel hard constantly others just in the 'top end'. I think this is just part of dialing in your setup.

then if you had too much fuel with big dv's, if you cut the plate back would you still get the fuel cc gain from them or are they strictly top end? As said different DV's fuel differently depending on the 'cut'. The same way different plates deliver fuel differently depending on the 'cut'.

obviously you are not going to gain hp with a stock turbo throwing full cuts at it, but in a twin setup or big single, can overfueling hurt performance? not an extreme overfueling, but maybe one size dv too big, or one injector size too big Overfueling in the 'bottom end' will hurt spool up and will create excess heat and smoke. Overfueling in the 'top end' will result in excess heat and can over spin the turbo(s). The over spinning can be controlled with an external gate, but you will still have excess ehat and smoke. I think 90% of the trucks out there are overfueled. It is rare to see a clean running truck that is turned up unless NOS is used.

Good questions! My opinions above...

as soon as install my air dog this weekend, the tuning process begins

ive got 5x.016's now and a set of 24 delivery valves, not sure if i should put them in or not. gotta do some gate tuning and watch what the egt's do on the first test runs

I think those 24's and 5x.016s will be fine, especially with the external gate. The 62 has a larger turbine and exhaust housing so I don't see it over speeding until you throw some spray or a lot more fueling to it.

DV's help with off idle throttle response as well.

In my opinion, running a diesel rich by overfueling will make more HP than running it lean. For example, if 20:1 air/fuel ratio is the limit where it starts to haze, upping the fueling to where the ratio is 16:1 or even 15:1 will make more power, however, you're truck will smoke like a freight train.

If fuel got excessive to where it was 10:1 air/fuel ratio, I think it would definitely hurt power and maybe even start washing down cylinders etc.

5x.016's with 024 DV's and S475 twin setup sounds just fine. Probably ought to add a rack plug to the setup and add enough timing to get the fuel in the cylinder early enough for it to fully burn.

DV's help with off idle throttle response as well.

In my opinion, running a diesel rich by overfueling will make more HP than running it lean. For example, if 20:1 air/fuel ratio is the limit where it starts to haze, upping the fueling to where the ratio is 16:1 or even 15:1 will make more power, however, you're truck will smoke like a freight train.

If fuel got excessive to where it was 10:1 air/fuel ratio, I think it would definitely hurt power and maybe even start washing down cylinders etc.

5x.016's with 024 DV's and S475 twin setup sounds just fine. Probably ought to add a rack plug to the setup and add enough timing to get the fuel in the cylinder early enough for it to fully burn.

its a 215 pump....

18* 19*? or higher? its a dd and its cold here, dont really wanna go over 18, till it gets above 40

I'd go higher then 19* when it gets warmer. Since it's a 215 and if you put the rack plug in, it will retard it IIRC 3 or 4* at full travel.

Back