Overdrive switch inverter

TB1

AT OD switch inverter

Has anybody else done this mod and found out after that there cruise control has stopped working? double checked the wiring on the relay and it is all good only reason I ask is just finished rebuilding my truck and the cruise was working again felt pretty stupid after the last three years of no cruise and the fix was just removing the grounded wire for the relay...... long story short if this has happened what was done to fix it or should I just say screw it and turn OD off each time the truck is started? the roads I drive there is no real need for OD 95% of the time(small Island)but when I do get on the highway cruise control is nice to have. any help would be good but it's not the end of the world either.
Thanks

Put a switch inline for the relay. Open it when you want cruise, close it when you want the OD off.

What if you pull the 12V off and leave the ground connected?

Last edited:
That was the quickest solution I could come up with too I have a small toggle switch for a car alarm will give it a try. If I pull off the wire for the starter relay as the diagram says Blue with yellow tracer from pin 85 on the relay it just defaults back to stock same as removing the ground. I'll try the toggle switch tomorrow and see how it works out.

Back