Overheating?

kc04

Welding my life away!!!
Ok I had my came home yeterday from working out of town. Turbo did very well. I had some good pulls to make and anything too bad i put it in 4th and it was fiine but on flat ground in 5th egts were 1100 or so truck had power but water temp would climb like crazy! So i made 540 mile trip in 4th at 2600 rpm. It sucked bad. What does this sound like? The fan is comin on but i dont think its engaging. Its got plenty of water and no hg leak. Water pump seems to be working and its got a brand new cummins thermostat. I was pullin my 5er which weighs about 12k. Empty the fan seems to run all the time. Is it commom for hg to leak between cylinders?

This has me leanin towards gears. I do have 355s with 6 305s on it and im sure its playin a role in this issue!

Have you ever pulled the front end apart and cleaned (with a pressure washer) the charge air cooler, radiator, trans.cooler, and a/c condenser?
If you are on gravel alot or run through fields alot the dust or the seed will pack in the cores and cause things to run hot

Back