P-pump 12v to RTO-9513

Cornbread1

Still learning
Hoping to maybe start a thread on the subject of this type swap we could all come to find good straight forward info and trade info to others that are doin this. I havent seen one so if theres is one i appologize.
I am looking for parts and ideas on the swap. I have a 97 crew cab 4x4 dually with nv4500HD, D60 front (four linked on airbags) and D80 rear "on leafs with bag assist" and 3.54 gears lifted 9" on 37x12.50x16.5 "hummers"
I had originally planned on 4.11's but got a steal on what i have! Turns out,
it actually does pretty awesome with this setup all except the gear jump is pretty large with all this gear. Ive been everywhere from south Texas to New York with it and spent several months in northern PA in the hills and mountains. It does about 80 at 2,000. Gets bets milage at about 68-72
It would be ok if i just drove it around and pulled somewhat small loads but i pull goosneck trailers with skidsteers, trackhoes, or multiple jeeps and really need the extra gear splits! Ive searched and searched and just have not came across anyone doin this kinda swap in this style chevy that i can talk to and get any info from. Im wondering bout the differences in the rto and rtoo ratios as well as other things such as "things i would have done different" type info. Id like to do it once and be done. I drive trucks and haul oversize for a living so i know all about shifting, how it works, and that sort of stuff. Thanks for any .02 you may have :)

Go BIG Or Go Home!! ?

Back