P-Pump 24v vs DT360

jcarrick

Hey guys,
I figured this would be a decent thread to start. I want to get some of the pros and cons out for these two seemingly good swap candidates considering both would be twin turboed for towing/daily driver setups. Ill start with these:

Pros for the P-Pump Cummins:
-Adapter plates to anything you want basically
-Part support
-Proven swap
-Serpentine belt
-Aftermarket support
-Solid power

Cons:
-Not wet sleeved
-Pretty common (if that matters to people)

Pros for the DT360:
-Factory head bolts supposedly good to 300psi
-Wet sleeved block
-Cheaper
-Better longevity

Cons:
-Rarer parts
-V-belt system
-1" larger all around
-Less adapter plate options
-Less bolt on aftermarket options

I personally am very interested in the DT360 for its wet sleeve design, its low cost, and the fact that there are very few DT360 swaps in comparison to cummins swaps. Lets hear what everyone else is thinking!

I like the ease of rebuilding them and not having to worry about machining. Wet sleeves are just one of the reasons I like them a lot. The price, durability, and power capabilities are the main reasons I like them

My buddy Is going with the 360 and I used the cummins. U can definitely tell which one is more heavy duty. Plus the 360 has bigger intake and exhaust ports and valves. I wanted bolt in off the shelf power. Where we will be doing for fab work to get his engine in place

Seems like you already have the main pros and cons, personally I'd go with the cummins because parts are easy to get. That's just me though, if you want something unique then go for it!

The tractor 360's have a longer stroke and bigger bearings but are hard to get.

BrandonBerkosky,
Thanks for the info on Carson Stauffer.

Young Guns15,
Thats the big thing im trying to decide. I dont want to be a 1000 miles from home having to get parts that are special order only. But on the flip side, I am more interested to spend $1500 or less on a motor that doesnt need $1000 of head studs. It seems like the price of cummins motors has gone up so much with the increased popularity of swaps

Don't forget the "A" pump con, gotta be swapped or built if you wanna make power

sub'd

It seems the whole Cummins swap deal is getting worn out. DT360 would be a breath of fresh air.

Does anyone know if the factory "A" pump can be setup to put out enough fuel for 500hp with a set of 466 injectors?

Yes you can, but if I can make the power i want with the stock pump it would be more cost effective

I've looked into it, everything usually comes up with A pumps can be made to have power, but its expensive, and they aren't reliable.

I think the biggest down side to the DT360 is the pump. You're looking at at least $1000-1500 to get a p-pump on there with a used pump and the adapter/hub gear stuff.

Ah, good to know coastal. $1000-1500 is around the same price to p-pump a 24v cummins as well, so thats really not too bad. Do you need custom lines for the p-pump?

Remember wet sleeves also need to make sure your counter bores, and deck are good on a rebuild, also need to make sure your coolant is good so you don't get cavitation and get holes in the liner etc. Seems like if your gonna do IH I'd go 466 instead. and get a p pump one stock...
Thanks, and Happy Thanks Giving!
Deo

Back