P pump 844 model

WPDiesel

Is the 844 model off a bus any good? So far factory rated the highest I've seen at 230hp hp. How about the gov housing and such I'm looking for a pump capable of 1000hp street truck and i just wonder if I can get my 550cc or 500cc without buying 13mm plungers or not. And if I did the barrels and plungers if this cam is considered a good grind from Bosch or does it need a better one? Thanks guys!!

Maybe I just need to know what max cc can you get from 12mm barrels and plungers out of 100 of you looking at this 1 of you has a flow bench and have ran one I know it!! Or maybe I throw it on the truck and find out myself! Thanks guys!!!

It has the same cam profile as the 160/175 hp pumps, so it definitely isn't going to be capable of 1000 hp. I can't remember off the top of my head what barrel & plunger that pump has, but without a cam swap in that pump it won't really matter.

If it is anything like the 230 and 190 hp pumps I have run across they have 11 or 10 mm barrels and plungers. Some even had the oddball constant pressure dvs.

I put one on a truck for a tow pig with no power mods and I can tell you it was a real pain to time for some reason. The dv holders were odd as well with a larger diameter thread.

If it were my money I would send a core 180 pump to that guy up there ^^ for a 1000hp build.

I had one on my old truck out of a freightliner. It's 12mm plungers and barrels but like Seth said it's got a 160/175 pump cam in it. It had normal delivery valves in it as well. I had 4k gsks in and, barrels turned, and no fuel plate and it ran good. Pretty sure it had 215 style plungers and barrels to retard timing at full rack as well. Like I said it ran well but was kind of a mutt.

Yeah it's has the same plungers at least as 215 with the top groove but I think I just need to find me a 903 pump and move on! Thanks for all the help guys!!

Back