p pump cruise controll

stuckey_272002

no one special
does anybody know if its possible to keep the cruise controll working on an 01-02 when you p pump it.

use 12v tps three wire from factory plug crusie controll will just like factory :woohoo:

mine works, but I havent realy looked into why. I just push a button and go to sleep.......

use the apps wires to wire in the 12v tps then you can install the tps to the 12v throtle linkage works great

Dont know if it will work, but on my 97 after modding it cruise control is SCARY!!
Mine was too but it was a learning experience the computer did pull back and now it works ok . I did have a wild ride the other day when I had to slow to 40 on I75 then hit resume which was at 70 it took off like a battoutahell then let off the throttle huffed the turbo then throttled up again whith less throttle. :hehe: Rich

mine works like a champ, and as far as i know daves diesel didnt do anything special on the swap to make it work...

I'm told that if you've got the vaccum operated cruise control it will still work but the electronic cruise controls don't. I'm also told that the 6spds are electronic cruise control and the autos are vaccum operated. So take that for what it's worth. I don't think you need the 12v TPS to make the cruise work. Reason behind my thinking on this is because when you do the POT mod (and I'm basing this on nothing more than my own reasoning) on a 12v you take the TPS completely out of the equation on the cruise control still works. And since we are in essence making these trucks a 12v and we are only using 3 of the APPS wires to wire in to a 12v TPS then there's no reason it wouldn't work the same on our trucks.

well i have a 01 is earlt though ho six speed. i didnt p-pump but i done a complete 12v. and i had to wire in the 12v tps to get my cruise working. but works like a champ. and it is a 6-speed with the vacumm actuator too.

Another 6 speed here with vacuum-actuated cruise control. But once again, it's an early 2001, so they might have changed the 6 speeds over to electronic later in the year when they made other changes.

I'm wondering if there's a difference between the manual and auto cruise control systems in which the manual needs a TPS in order to work so the computer sees the throttle position and the autos pull the throttle position from something else. I only know of one guy that has done a POT mod on an auto 12v and he says his worked fine. Guess I'll find out in 3 weeks. Cruise ain't a big deal in the beginning, mainly concerned with the tranny shifting properly and the truck running correctly, but I'd like to get it figured out before I dive in so I'll know whether or not I need to buy a TPS.

What about the cruise control cable? Will the 24v one fit on the 12v linkage or do you have to get a 12v cruise cable?

Anyone have any pictures of this? I was wondering the same about mine when I get it done... would be nice to have it work.

Back