P Pump help.

wildmanben

Farmboy...
How do you get the big nut off inside the governor assembly? Looks like a Large flat blade screwdriver bit would be needed. Any tips or tricks for removal? Are they right or left hand threads?

I used a craftsman drag link socket 1/2" drive. Its a big screwdriver socket. I just used a 1/2" impact it comes off easy. Lefty lucy threads if I remember right.

Thanks. Snap on guy said he would have something that will work. He did say drag link socket, so lets hope it works. How tight when you put it back on?

Anyone have a schematic of the pump with part numbers? I am needing gaskets for the gov housing.

I torqued it to 40 ft lbs I think. I went off a thread torque spec chart for that size thread. You also are going to need a puller to pull the cushion plate off, after the governor assembly comes off.

My bad, for some reason I read the post as dealing with the gov. springs and thought you were talking about the retaining nuts on them. Furthermore, I thought you were asking if you needed a new gasket for the afc cover. I now realize you were not talking about those things at all and were actually asking for part #'s to gaskets.. Misinterpretation, and ignorance on my part. Guess I should learn to read better :bang

Is there anything else one can do while the pump is somewhat apart? Putting a rack plug in(180 pump). Looking at random adjustments and curious if its anything to adjust or let a pump shop mess with it. Or can I adjust somethings and send to a local shop to calibrate/balance?

Back