P pump ?s

12vkaleb

How are you guys setting up your throttles? I found a 215 pump with injector lines for $450, the guy has a complete motor along with another parts truck so i can get everything i need. I know i need Pump, Injector Lines, Pump gear, Timing cover, and injectors. Is there anything that i am missing? Could anybody post pictures of under the hood and explain the throttle setup.

How are you guys setting up your throttles? I found a 215 pump with injector lines for $450, the guy has a complete motor along with another parts truck so i can get everything i need. I know i need Pump, Injector Lines, Pump gear, Timing cover, and injectors. Is there anything that i am missing? Could anybody post pictures of under the hood and explain the throttle setup.

I was thinking the the camshafts were different....

:Cheer:

Nahh, you can usually rig up a throttle setup, I'd rob everything you can off of that other motor.

you can use a first gen cam if you want i did...i know you said timing cover but just to make sure you know you need the cover and gear housing from a 94-98

The gearhousing is the aluminum peice that the timing cover bolts onto isnt it? What would be diffferent about the cam anyways? Are the cam gears different?

yes on the gear housing and cover im pretty sure the cam gears are the same...im not 100% sure on the cams but the only difference is the 2nd gen cams are a little thicker but i also heard that the 1st gen cams may have lil more aggesive lobe design? you can use either one..id look into a aftermarket cam if you have a few bucks to spend

Anybody ever heard of bill fletcher or used his cams? Ive heard a few good things about them and i was thinking of going that route.

I used the 2nd gen cable but it is barely long enough I think the 24 valve cable would work better. More on this subject here.
Rich

idid the conversion once, the p-pump cam is alot different than the non i/c cam, alot less opening duration. wiring and linkage are pretty easy. even the insulation piece over the lifters is a little different. get all the parts you can from donor motor. if you arent going to add turbo and other airflow upgrades the p-pump wont do you much good over the ve.

I plan on getting a phatshaft 62-71-14 along with Dvs, minor pump work And im in between 6x16s or 5x14s (435s). I know as soon as i get this done i will need one thing after another.

i dont think any company does but i guess its easier to swap a complete motor and you can sometimes find them cheap. Ive scavened around for a while and found all he parts i need really cheap and i only have 70k on my truck so a complete motor swap was out of the question.

Back