p pump swap parts gathering

1stgencummins17

just a sled puller
i am picking up a 215 pump timing case timing cover timing gear an injection lines tommarow. i wanna make sure wat other parts im gonna need i kno tht i need injectors pump bracket throttle linkages off a 24v auto an a lift pump. does tht sound about rite on parts?

also of course im gonna put piston lift pump on it were could i get one of these pumps? wats it take to install? an wats the usual price on these?

the tee fitting and oil lines on the block you will need and also injectors. different filter housing too i think. i got all that when i bought mine

it was a partial swap wen i bought it. Can u buy those parts new or would it just be smarter to go junkyard shopping or like ebay?

im sure you can get them new but id look sround a junkyard see what you can find i havent done my swap yet either im jusst going by what ive read. i have a dodge slavage yard i go to get any parts i need

I would look for a complete doner engine then you know you have everything . If you find a good one you can swap the entire engine and sell your first gen motor to get some money back.I put a 94 engine in my 89 and sold the old motor.Rich

Ok parts I did not see mentioned new pump gear nut and washer,
p pump throttle bellcrank, Throttle cable (factory p pump one or aftermarket cable),fuel solenoid (hopefully still on pump) ,& timing gasket set. Rich

The fuel solenoid requires a 70 amp relay this same relay is used in mid to late ninties mopar full size cars for the ABS it can be identified by the words HI-RAM . The a 518 may require a TPS I would replace it with a rheostat or switch. Rich

well i have pump gear nut an washer solenoid is on pump so have tht 518 is already on a switch so ill need the throttle cable an the bellcrank which i really dont kno wat tht looks like

As far as the fuel pump goes I bought one for about 60.00 from Cummins .You will need the fuel filter canister and fuel lines. the bracket for the canister goes behind the pump so it must be retained or used as a spacer. Get studs to replace the mounting bolts to make life easier.Rich

See this pic the rod under the solenoid is the bellcrank rod if you have it you have the bellcrank assembly.
DSC_0040.jpg

Here is a wider view see the throttle cable follow it under the intercooler tube you will see a red ziptie at the cable end (the ball was worn and it was used to keep the cable from coming off) . I have an aftermarket cable now.Rich

DSC_0036.jpg

oops forgot the second pic. If an electric pump is used you can put a block off plate where your pump is now and run a better filter. Rich

im pretty sure tht is on there ill to go check real quick. the electric pump is the way im gonna gonna go.
thanks for the pics Jeremiah

Back