p pump swap question

nickg9785

ok so a friend of mine wrecked his truck and we pulled the motor, he found a buyer for the motor. the motor has a industrial dragon fly pump on it, the 12mm one. he does not want to sell the motor with that pump, he said he would trade pumps with me and sell it with my pump. my truck has the 180 pump. my question is, is this pump really that much better than mine and is it worth my time swapping these. i dont know much info about the pump as far as flow specs. im waiting to put my twins on once i get my piping back from the powder coater so i dont think i will be over fueling it with this pump. the truck will have a 62/65/12 over s475 with 1.32 housing and 5x16 injectors.

I bought one a number of a years ago, sold it off without ever running it. IIRC, it came with a 2095 rack plug, 191 DV's, a plate (#6, I think) and some gov spring kit. Never took that apart to identify. And the barrels were racked. So for $3-400 in parts and sending it to a shop, your pump would be the same. I believe it was based on a 160/175 pump. I know it wasn't a 215 as they were flat top barrels. They removed the factory Bosch tag.

Back