p pump w/common rail head

neilden

ready to kick some ass
Well as the title says im looking at putting a p pump on my 24valve with a 03-04 common rail head. I haven't been able to find and threads that say weather you can or can not do it. So guys what do you say?

Jlbayes was doin it also but Im pretty sure he ground a hole in the cr head and went back with the 24v head. I'm sure he'll chime in and explain

You need custom lines that go to the cr style connector tube. No big deal they can easily be found and come pre bent ready to run. As far as the hg we used a std. 24v 98-02 gasket and drilled a couple passages for coolant flow.

Ya ive aready modified the coolant passage at the back of the head and am running a vp still on it now. Just didnt know if their was a clearence issue with the common rail head with a factory intake.

Factory CR shelf will not clear the p-pump, that is correct jlbayes tried to clear his and ground a hole in it, he just went back to the vp head for the time being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jlbayes was doin it also but Im pretty sure he ground a hole in the cr head and went back with the 24v head. I'm sure he'll chime in and explain

yes i sure did. was alright tho. i planned on cutting the shelf off.

So what did you run? A zzfab intake or similar?

Mine has a hole cut in the shelf and a plate welded to the inside...just enough room for the pump.

What about injectors? Do the VP style injectors work in the CR head or will a CR set need to be modified for p pump pressures?

I liked mine with VP pressures, but if your having them built, go with the builders recommendation.

Back