p-pump, what am i missing?

injected79

Hey guys long story short, the truck in my sig, i had sold. pulled out the motor shown in my signature and put a new engine in it. parted out my old engine. Well the poeple buying the truck got divorced, now i still have the truck, so i decided to turn it back up a little.

So its only a 160 pump now, and iv put schied full cut dv's, 4k gov springs, grindered 100 plate, ddp stage 4 140hp injectors, mack plug, and went through the afc housing.

Problem im having is even after all this, the truck just isn't close to fueling as hard as it use to with the 215 pump. is this just the nature of the different pumps or am i over looking something. when i had the 215 i ran a 64mm garrett charger and never did clean the fuel up, now with this 160 on a stock charger cleans the fuel up very quick. very little smoke, and just doesnt pull nearly as hard.

any ideas?

what the timing at? Have you checked fuel pressure? And may sound dumb but how about fuel filter is it clean. and check for boost leak goig to the afc maybe the arm isn't getting boost so only giving you little throttle

40-42 psi on the fass 150 system, around 17-18 degrees of timing, and didnt watch the boost gauge during the pull, i know free rev i see around 10 psi

I'd double check the afc, check to be sure that the shut-off solenoid is pulling all the way up when it is running. I would also take the plate out.

shut off soleniod is gone, have it hooked up to a pull cable, and it is getting fuel travel, guess i'll pull the plate and see what i get.

ANy other idea's

If it were me, I would pull the foot out of the afc and take it for a drive. If you still feel like you're not getting the fuel you should be, at least you'll know it's not afc related.

not to sound like a dummy but how to you change the psi of the fass system?

Check your gov springs. If you can start the motor without any throttle input add a click or two to the springs.

it starts with no throttle but only if you crank on it for a handful of seconds, if you give it some throttle it fires right up

just put a stiffer spring in it?

Or you can add a second spring inside the stock one, a ball point pen spring such as a BIC fits nicely inside the stock spring. If you cut the second spring to match the same length as the stock spring, you should see about 45psi-50psi. If you want 60 psi, you'll need to stretch the stock spring a little and install a BIC spring inside trimmed to match the length of the stretched stock spring.

Or you can gut the overflow valve and install an adjustable fuel pressure regulator somewhere in the return line.

try to modify the springs in the return line/overflow valve at the top front inside of the ppump. then move back to the regulator of the fass.

FASS and airdog are great concepts, but also are basically dead head regulators/pumps.

a high flow pump like the fass and a bypass regulator on the backside of the ppump is the most ideal, but it doesnt necessarily take the air out of the fuel either.

1997 F-350 -12 valve cummins swap, zf-5 speed, sb clutch, with 913 pump, garrett stage 3 charger, 191 dv, 4gsk, 100 plate, ddp injectors, 19* timing, fass fuel, 3 piece ext. manifold, twin ram intake , 6.0l intercooler, AEM/custom intake, dual 5" miters, and a boost leak

Probably why it smoked so much before....?

Back