P pumped 24v fuel knock?

2002P-PUMP24V

Hi guys i have an 02 24v p pumped 230hp pump. Stock injectors (for now) i have a knock at idle and im being told it is a fuel knock? What you guys think what could be the prob? Injectors?

Do you have a way to upload a video or sound byte of the engine running?

I can but it will probably be a few days... Phone was dead last night when i went to take a video. Im just using homemade lines right now... My haisley lines should be here next weekish could this also be it?

homemade lines?
pray tell!
If they are all differnet lengths then yes i bet it would knock.

They are just 12v lines bent with a brake tubing bender... I wanted to make sure it was in time before i put it the rest of the way together....

:doh:Um, no they don't. 12v line screws on to the injector and are female. 24v screws into the head and are male thread. There is no way to use 12v lines on a 24v without replacing the ends that hook to the head.

Sorry my bad 24v lines...it works but i wouldnt do it permanately.... Just had them and its gonna be at least another week before i get the other fuel lines and i wanted to put it the rest of the way together....without wasting my time and have to tear it apart again.

buddy of mine had better luck with re-bent 24v lines than he did with conversion lines. conversion lines kept cracking.

just a couple stupid questions,
are you sure you got the lines routed properly?
did you somehow get fuel in the intake manifold?
injectors could be a culprit, were these the same injectors you were running with the VP?
are your delivery valves all assembled correctly and torqued to spec?

No fuel in intake manifold.... And yes but the thing is i never ran it with a vp pump.. I got the truck, bought a motor from a buddy w out a pump, who also had some 12v stuff so i just went the p pump route. Had everything to do it and got it all very cheap.. Im in the entire truck w new 6 speed for less than 4k... Im going to take a video tonight.. I honestly think injectors because once u rev it up just barely its not as noticeable... Hell it could be a line with a bad bend in it for all i know i should have my new lines next week and if i have to i will order injectors... Its just money.....

And i want to put delivery valves and gsk in it but wanted to get the big stuff sorted out first.. Like a knock lol..... Which dv would you guys put in it i have a high tech turbo coming after tax return and was probably goin to get either 100 or 150 hp injectors
any input would be appreciated... Thanks

did you happen to pull the head before you assembled it? if this is the first time you've heard it run then we could be looking at a number of things. bad injector wouldn't surprise me in the least. there's also the possibility of a scored cylinder, if it's been overheated that's a possibility. or a washed cylinder is a possibility.

^^^ What he said.

Oh and Im still running handbent 24v lines. But had one go at 12k miles and only have 15k on it now.

The motor ran good when pulled.... so i was told but it was a close friend and i have no reason not to believe him. I guess ill just wait to see. I have a buddy who just put new injectors in his 24v ill see maybe i can switch them and see if i have the same result...

did the engine that donated the p-pump run good? as far as delivery valves go step one would be to see what is already in it, and what kind of holders. what kind of engine did it come off of? I had a 230hp pump off of an 8.3 that had a whole different setup, didn't run worth a damn either.

The 230 pump going off the numbers is off a 5.9l pump was just curious since this was a bigger pump if i really needed them...

so assuming the 24v ran good, and the 12v with said pump ran good, that basically comes down to either injectors aren't liking your p-pump or timing is off, how did you set your timing, and what did you set it at? what are the last 3 numbers on the pump? I can see if it's on any of my timing charts.

Back