p0088 max rail pressure

Yes,You will need to run both Modded Cummins FCAs or Factory FCAs They cannot be mixed.One more comment the harness will not work correctly with the Pressure sensor in the top pump,its does work (Pressure Sensor) just not the same as the sensor in the Rail position.

Yes,You will need to run both Modded Cummins FCAs or Factory FCAs They cannot be mixed.One more comment the harness will not work correctly with the Pressure sensor in the top pump,its does work (Pressure Sensor) just not the same as the sensor in the Rail position.

Sounds Good. My rail pressure sensor is located in the bottom pump. Doesn't sound like a problem. Like I said, let me know, I am very interested in simplifying this set up.

Ok guys I need some more ideas. I have now replaced both FCA's and the RPS with still no change. Is it about time to send the computer to the dealer to get reflashed? I tore apart all the wires and didn't find anything wrong with them. Still showing the high RP voltage code, and still will not budge off of 26k+psi. I am nervous about sending the computer to Dodge because I don't think the Smarty will work unless Bob reflashes it as well. What I find most odd is that the RP gauge is at 26K without the engine even on. Never had this happen, or heard of this happening as well.

Thanks
-Austin

If it was just the gauge there would not be an associated code UNLESS the gauge or harness was shorted and sending the voltage to the ECM.

It's not the gauge guys. Just like most of yall, this isn't my first rodeo. With the gauge disconnected it shows zero. You can tell the engine is at max RP without even looking at the gauge. You all know what it sounds like - horrible injector rattling and rough sounding engine. Also even with the gauge disconnected and the scanner hooked up it still reads 26k at start up. If you let it idle for more than ~5seconds the rail will start smoking a little from getting so hot (and having a few fluids on it while changing sensors).

Like I said it's not the gauge, and the RP is really stuck at max (just as if you unplugged the FCA). new FCA's, RPS, and ATS controller with still no difference.

Get a new gauge. Try clearing code with out gauge hooked up in see if it comes back.

Done all of this. Nothing is hooked up besides the ATS controller.

Guess nobody has suffered this problem after replacing everything that would cause it? :nail:

im having the same issues as doug did and my truck is setup the same and I cant figure out what the deal is either. ive put in a brand new rail pressure sensor, new fuel filters and not having any luck as soon as I clear the code and start the truck the code comes back up on mine. someone stated they had a bad boost fooler and on another thread they said the cam sensor was bad along with the rail pressure sensor. im pretty well stumped on this ive tried everything on mine. my top pump is a dmax pump and i run a dual feed line to the standard inlet on the pump would that have anything to do with this code? is the ball stuck in the pump? I put a spare fca in the pump also and that didnt fix my issues either

fuel codes/high rail pressure

subscibing...i've had some issues with my dual fuelers as well. I have been getting a P0148 and just started gettting P0191. Going to have it scanned tomorrow.

ok I realize this may seem elementary but i was throwing all these codes for about month clear-em out then high rail pressure code (w/out a pressure box) so after replacing the rail sensor fuse box boost fooler etc. i realized i hadnt done one thing (which didnt seem significant) but i returned my truck to stock took all electronics off drove around for a day w/no issues then reloaded my tuner and hooked up my electronics and everything has been fine since.

:rockwoot:

Back