P0113 from boost fooler?

soturi

so i picked up a boost fooler recently (quadzilla).

for some strange reason it throws a P0113 code every time i plug it in. well - it worked alright when i first plugged it in and drove home with it. but it's consistent now. no fooler, no problem. fooler, "Intake Air / Charge Temperature Sensor High".

before i looked up the code i was going to ask why the fooler also causes my fan to engage constantly, but i suppose that's pretty obvious now.

i searched for the code and for common boost fooler issues, but i can't find anyone else who's had this particular code show up with JUST a fooler.

any ideas?? just a bad unit?

matt

I'm thinking on the 03-04.5 trucks you have to modify the wastegate somehow when you use to the qz boost fooler..maybe thats got something to do with it?

apologies for delay - been out and about for the past month.

Swole said the same thing when i bought the fooler, but i haven't been able to find anything enlightening on the thread about closing the waste gate.

maybe i'm not searching properly - can anyone direct me to an appropriate thread?

also, if the code the fooler throws is for excessive air temp, how would closing the waste gate fix that??

thanks in advance!

this is from your link, Bob: "Will not work with hard piped waste gate."

...isn't that me? '03 - '04.5 have the non-electric waste gate. unless that's referring to something else?

anywho, seems like i'm just going to have to pull the turbo and shut the gate manually. ((Swole, if you're reading this feel free at any time to toss an "i told you so" out there))

Back