P7100 Core pump

m880cummins

Good for a rebuild. It came off a Ford F700 12v motor which I rebuilt and put in my crew cab. It is a 180HP pump. I cleaned the pump up, repaired a damaged AFC screw hole and installed. There is evidence of a repair where I fixed screw hole. AFC top also has minor damage in same location. I was able to start my truck with this pump and it ran but off of idle it would sputter and run rough. I investigated by pulling the DVs and looking for any corrosion/dirt but found none. Rack moved fine so not sure what the issue is. It is just the pump, no throttle brackets or shutdown solenoid. Just want to raise a few bucks for a Dual Disc clutch purchase so it has to go. $200

On my engine:

F29E89BA-83E9-48AF-BD95-D97DBBFE1BB3-453-000000414DABB70C_zpsce255eac.jpg

Charlie

Last edited:
IIRC, the timing setting for the 190 is different than a 180. That could explain the way it ran for you. ;)

I remember timing it thinking it was a 180 pump. Put 19* on it and had the symptoms I mentioned earlier. I may check a couple things on it and try spill port timing it for one last test.

Why not set the engine to tdc and pin time the pump and see how it acts

If you had the pump dial indicator you could bottom out the plunger, record your number, then move on to pinning pump. Once pinned record the other number and do some math. I bet it's close to the 175 pump.

If you don't get it to work, I'm looking for a core to have rebuilt. Let me know, I'll take it.

Why not set the engine to tdc and pin time the pump and see how it acts

I second this motion.

If you had the pump dial indicator you could bottom out the plunger, record your number, then move on to pinning pump. Once pinned record the other number and do some math. I bet it's close to the 175 pump.

Its not like a 175 pump because it uses different barrel/plunger. Those timing charts are a loosely based guessing game at best.

Back