Pacific Coast Diesel Nationals presented by ISSPRO June 29th

...Bullydog truck should have put some street slicks on there, added some weight, and gone after a 3 class win!! LOL

For 2wd in SS you can run a full slick and be 5000lbs, however the bullydog truck has quite an engine setback and in SS it can't behind the oem firewall.

Rob got in a couple shakedown runs in the El camino...... That thing is going to fly once he gets it dialed in .....

Michael broke out by a couple hundredths in Sportsman to take second.

Speaking of...... Hey Michael, care to share the bet that put you in front of the mic? :D

I don't know the bullydog suspension set up but i doubt it is a full frame leaf spring suspension that is required to run SS.

I am all about heads up racing, and I would hate to see anything change in SS after all the time and money we put into the truck this off season.

However there were more trucks in sportsman then all the other classes combined, and there were more SD trucks then all the SS, PS, and PSK trucks combined.

This seems to be pretty typical turnouts from what I have seen, and I understand as sportsman are daily drivers no real prep needed. SD requires slightly more, and then a HUGE jump to SS as really to be competitive it requires a dedicated race vehicle.

My point was for the ss capable guys who claim they have no class to run in because they can't run 9.50's..... I'm sure north America has 40-50 trucks capable of running 10.00 in ss trim, yet only 5 show up to try and claim a $4000 first place prize.

Not as many pics as last year, I got to the track late. Missed all the qualifying and was in the pits for parts of the eliminations.

jc

[ame="http://s487.photobucket.com/user/napadew/library/2013%20NHRDA%20Pacific%20Coast%20Diesel%20Nationals"]2013 NHRDA Pacific Coast Diesel Nationals Photos by napadew | Photobucket[/ame]

Here are some of the sled pulls. I left before the expedition pulls.

jc

[ame="http://s487.photobucket.com/user/napadew/library/2013%20NHRDA%20Pacific%20Coast%20Diesel%20Nationals/2013%20NHRDA%20Sled%20pulls%20Pacific%20Coast%20Nat"]2013 NHRDA Sled Pulls Pacific Coast Nat Photos by napadew | Photobucket[/ame]

Cool pics!

Rob @ ATP, nice to see you out getting down the track. that upward exhaust looks like a big rig!! Tell your wife congrats on the Win too!

Aron @ CT, nice to see you get down the track too, but your gonna have to fix that side exit exhaust, your gonna smoke the lights, especially if your in the left lane...all you gotta do is put a tip on there and face it up some...

Bullydog, Good job getting after two classes! Hot lappin in the heat aint no fun...LOL

As was said truck count in SS, PS, Prostock was low. A couple of trucks didn't survive the friday night T&T. Rob and the ATP crew was still working on getting the El Camino finished enough so it would pass tech. Second pass he opened it up a bit mid track and while it was a 11 second pass, it was 145mph through the traps. It wa great to see the CT performance finally make a decent pass. They did smoke the lights on at least one pass. Jarid changed his routine in the Prostreet final on now he normally stages and got caught with no boost, Took him a couple of seconds to light the turbos after the light turned green and by then it was too late. Same thing happend to Andrea and Max'd Out in the SS final. She was forced to bumb in so she wouldn't time out. I think if the track had beed 20 feet shorter she wouldn't have caught him.:D

I was really hoping to make it to this for SS, but i am still building the truck. I am now hoping to make the race in Mt and also finals.

I was really hoping to make it to this for SS, but i am still building the truck. I am now hoping to make the race in Mt and also finals.

Good luck building your truck. This race had some sort of SS carnage grim reaper. Small field to start and it got worse from there....me included.

Good luck building your truck. This race had some sort of SS carnage grim reaper. Small field to start and it got worse from there....me included.

I have had more than my fair share of encounters with the race truck grim reaper. perhaps it was best I missed this one. what happened to your truck?

Thanks to everyone who braved the heat to come out for the event!!! I think Super-Street started out with about 10 trucks before breakage, but with a great payout like it was I can't believe more trucks didn't come out for it! We did have a decent turnout in Sportsman. I lost to multi-time division champ (in regular NHRA racing) John Floyd Jr. I had a slight RT advantage, and caught him at about 1000 feet and was holding a fender on him, so he dumped the brakes hard at the finish line. I did too but it wasn't enough, so I was on the losing end of a double-breakout.

I was pleasantly surprised at the crowd turnout, considering how unusual this kind of heat & humidity is for the area. I did notice that the crowd seemed to come in two "shifts", the place emptied out when the drags finished, but packed back in even more people to watch the sled pulls!

No, there wasn't a real bet for me to sing the national anthem, it was just a joke! It was one of those "bucket list" things I always wanted to try. That said, my plan was to practice several times during the week before, recording myself to try to fix any "bad spots". Instead I completely forgot about volunteering for it, as I was working my tail off trying to get the race truck painted in time for displaying at the event. I literally got reminded of it about 5 minutes before, and was trying to warm up my voice while driving down the return road from my one time trial pass!

Thanks for help sponsoring a fun event, had a good time other than the heat. hopefully it will draw more competitors next year.

thanks for getting the show started on a high note or was it a low note! lol
:bow:

Felt sorry for the dude running the sled..... sweaty and dusty not the greatest combonation

Attachments

• IMG_0110.jpg
    IMG_0110.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0108.jpg
    IMG_0108.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back