Paint on impeller blade

JasonCzerak

STUPID QUESTION..... I know paint on an impeller blade is for a visual queue to ensure it's spinning or not.

But it's also not to help balance the wheel is it?

I managed to swipe a good amount of that paint off. don't ask how I got cleaning stuff on that one side of the cloth, but I was trying to get my dirty finger prints off the impeller (checking for play after the first 300 miles) so I can have a visual to ensure my air cleaner was working...

Paint is normally for tach pickup when on the balancer AFAIK.

Well, knowing these things spin awfully fast, I wasn't sure if the tiny bit of weight the paint makes would offset anything and result in a spectacular ending..

Kinda like when Mythbusters busted the postage stamp myth on a helicopter's rotor blade huh? Lol..you're not the only one that's thought like that!

I took the paint of the wheel on one of my 64mm chargers and it threw the balance off so bad the shaft broke and i had turbo pieces every where. And that was just with me spinning it by hand. Of course I have multple thumbs on each hand and can spin the wheels very fast.

Kinda like when Mythbusters busted the postage stamp myth on a helicopter's rotor blade huh? Lol..you're not the only one that's thought like that!

yeah, kinda like that.. but I don't think a helicopter's rotating that fast and the parts are a little stronger :)

I took the paint of the wheel on one of my 64mm chargers and it threw the balance off so bad the shaft broke and i had turbo pieces every where. And that was just with me spinning it by hand. Of course I have multple thumbs on each hand and can spin the wheels very fast.

Ron... :)

ha!.

Back