painting block

RIP CTdiesel

Well i have pull my motor in the next few week so i guess now would be the best time to paint it.I just was wondering what you guys have used on yours and the best way to do so. ei, what brand of paint and equipment used . feel free to add some pics.

what color is your truck, trucks just had a show on painting a block, they ground it smooth,primered it and then painted, you might as well go the extra step and use some high temp clear coat as well it should really look good

here my truck thought about a color match but i thought something different would be cool.

Attachments

• DSCF1363.jpg
    DSCF1363.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 34
ford dark blue from VHT was what I painted mine with. So far so good. I applied the aircraft stripper then pressure washed the crap out of it. hit it with some sand paper in some of the spots and it held great.

Mine is black. It is the one in my avatar. I will be painting my block and head high gloss black.

one of my buddys painted his block a bright lime green it looks pretty cool haha is a really bright color but it gives it a distinct look.

I am doing the block/head high gloss black then twins piping, intercooler pipes, air horn and valve covers neon orange. I was just planning on using strong pain thinner to remove whats there and rid it of grease/oil and then put on a bunch of light coats with the rattle can lol.

just make sure you prep the block or the paint will have a hard time sticking

Ya most definitely, I know I have to have one of the oiliest engine bay out there. So a good cleaning and prepping is in order

I remember seeing one from EEP a while back that was powdercoated.

I powdercoated mine. Turned out real nice. My valve covers and intake stuff isnt back yet. I went with a bright red and black block

Powder coating sounds like an awful idea, heating a block to 400*......

Clean the block with a degreaser, (not brake cleaner), acrylic based solvent works well. Any paint system will work, I prefer an enamel based spray paint. Shops like tractor supply, co-op, ect, all have a selection of paints. Look on the cans and it will tell you if its lacquer or enamel.

The important thing is to prepare the block and accessories properly (clean, degrease and take care of rust...) then a good epoxy primer before a base/clear or enamel. The secret is in the prep...

Back