Painting VP44 injection lines

ThatGuy01

I googled this around a bit but couldn't find any pictures, it never crossed my mind but I don't want SS lines but I think itd be cool to have some colored injection lines, does anyone have advice, done this before or even have pictures? I didn't go out to the truck and look but surely it wouldn't be too bad and im gunna swap the injectors anyway so why not paint them while air is already in the lines....

also, im thinking about starting a "project how to kill a stock 47re"- I was surprised my transmission handles my current setup without Kersploding... so now I wanna see how far she'll stretch... is that thread worthy or just BS?

I googled this around a bit but couldn't find any pictures, it never crossed my mind but I don't want SS lines but I think itd be cool to have some colored injection lines, does anyone have advice, done this before or even have pictures? I didn't go out to the truck and look but surely it wouldn't be too bad and im gunna swap the injectors anyway so why not paint them while air is already in the lines....

also, im thinking about starting a "project how to kill a stock 47re"- I was surprised my transmission handles my current setup without Kersploding... so now I wanna see how far she'll stretch... is that thread worthy or just BS?

I know someone who cerakoted theirs with good results

Sent from my paperweight

Not sure on paint but as far as exploding a trans it would be fun to see but some transmissions are freaks and some burn up quick so its not something I would use to judge holding power on every trans. Just my .02

Very true I like to say that it somewhat depends on how you drive it, I used to be scared of level 5 on my edge now it's almost all the time in it, except for really cold days like lately..

ill email my local applicator.... it might be a little out of my cost range due to it being so minor

Ive done it, but they were powder coated. I have pics somewhere. I'll try and find them when it stops snowing.

I don't recommend just painting them, it flakes off of injection lines fairly easy, do it with something that will stay if you do anything at all.

I don't recommend just painting them, it flakes off of injection lines fairly easy, do it with something that will stay if you do anything at all.

Yeah I was looking at them earlier after I made this thread and it just seems like the idea gets worse and worse lol. If I we're to spend the money have it professionally coated then that'd be cool but otherwise it seems like a horrible looking set of injection lines waiting to happen

I stripped the yellowing deteriorated clearcoat off mine and gave them a little polishing with Scotch Brite, that improved the appearance quite a lot.

If you guys are going to Powdercoat them be cautious of not to coat the flared ends (obviously) but the underside of the nuts and too close to the where the tube meets the flare.

I've done them and had sealing issues until I scraped the coating back to where you just can barley see the edge of Powdercoat above the nut when tight.

I just have them glass beaded and used a good rattle can clearcoat and call it good. Or polish them every once and a while.

If you guys are going to Powdercoat them be cautious of not to coat the flared ends (obviously) but the underside of the nuts and too close to the where the tube meets the flare.

I've done them and had sealing issues until I scraped the coating back to where you just can barley see the edge of Powdercoat above the nut when tight.

I just have them glass beaded and used a good rattle can clearcoat and call it good. Or polish them every once and a while.

That's my fear of powder coating them. I have special heat tape for covering the areas I don't want coated. I may try it eventually. I have some chrome powdercoat that looks sharp.
4evy2ypa.jpg

Sent from my paperweight

That chrome coat looks really good from the pics.

When I done mine I used the high temp tape to tape the flare and pull the nuts down over the edge of the tape. It seemed to hold the nut down on the flare. Then I taped the open end of the nut to keep any powder from getting inside.
The head (crossover) side of the lines do the same as before and tape the outer threads of the nuts that screw into the head.

Unless your coater will assume responsibility in writing of sealing after completed I would do it myself to know its right.

And last. Spray the lines out with solvent multiple times. Then when you think its clean do it some more. Lol

If anyone gets it done post up some pics. I'd like to see some different colored lines.

That chrome coat looks really good from the pics.

When I done mine I used the high temp tape to tape the flare and pull the nuts down over the edge of the tape. It seemed to hold the nut down on the flare. Then I taped the open end of the nut to keep any powder from getting inside.
The head (crossover) side of the lines do the same as before and tape the outer threads of the nuts that screw into the head.

Unless your coater will assume responsibility in writing of sealing after completed I would do it myself to know its right.

And last. Spray the lines out with solvent multiple times. Then when you think its clean do it some more. Lol

If anyone gets it done post up some pics. I'd like to see some different colored lines.

Thank you. I do it myself, so I'll be sure to do it right and keep the sealing surface clear. I experimented with turbo the other night. Silver vein with transparent blue top coat. Turned out nice.
yra5ahem.jpg

umeba8yd.jpg

urapy4eg.jpg

daseqy6u.jpg

uberubud.jpg

Sent from my paperweight

Looks great. I'd have a new coater if you were closer. Lol

Since you have more experience in this than I. (I just pay the guy)
A question for ya.

I had my block powdercoated a few years ago 4-5. CAT gray was the color. It has some spots that have taken some bumps and scraps over the years of wrenching and 2 freshenings. I had never coated the front or rear of the block just primered them (very close in color) so they are rusty and paint has flaked and peeled.

How would you go about making this block look perfect again.
Pics of a few areas so you can see. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1389898652.199757.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1389898671.949223.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1389898730.049291.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1389898887.032519.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1389898990.066149.jpg

Strip it all? Bast the rust and recoat?
Thanks.

I get great deals on shipping lol. I'd sandblast the non-coated areas, wipe the coated areas with acetone, and re coat the whole thing. I'd also put a clear powdercoat over it all. Makes it last much much longer

Sent from my paperweight

Hmmmmm..... Send me you contact info. I'll run it by you before I take it anyplace.

Thanks.

Lol that is a good looking as is Ben! I wish I had the time or room to drop the engine and go through

Back