Papermate in the OF valve

Kyle I dont think that much pressure is necessary. I have ran 40psi on mine for 2 years now. I took the ball and spring out of the overflow valve (essentially turning it into a banjo bolt) and put a regulator in the return line. I just bought a cheapie off of ebay, but it has been just fine for 2 years now. Its adjustable from 0-140psi. Fuel Pressure Regulator Kit Blue Focus GTI Mirage RSX:eBay Motors (item 390064023134 end time Jul-05-09 18:25:27 PDT)

Any pics of your setup? I have been thinking of doing this for a while now.

Hmmm, thats got me thinking now...

Would their be any benefit to running a boost referenced regulator to increase fuel pressure as the boost rises? would that possibly help reduce fuel pulsing in the pump?

I've been curious about the pulsating affects on the internals of a regulator.

Josh, I don't have any intention of leaving it that high, I just ran out of time to tune it this weekend. I'll get it down to 20-50 before its said and done.

I have a holly fule psi regulator, And will by a gauge, but woundering where i should mount the regulator, and gauge, what eaxatly do i connect it too? I did the Ofv modification, .55 with a bic pen spring in the center, but don't feal any noticable difference. I want to gut it and use my holly psi regulator to tune it correctly, i already own the thing. Any pictures of it installed would be great...

^aftermarket regulators mount between the gutted OFV location and the fuel tank, as close to the IP as possible

Would their be any benefit to running a boost referenced regulator to increase fuel pressure as the boost rises? would that possibly help reduce fuel pulsing in the pump?

No need, the constant pressure regulator will allow for more fuel volume to flow through the IP under WOT conditions. See my thread on the subjectmatter... the extra pressure idea works for gas engine injectors where the injected fuel pressure is WAYYYYY lower than that of a diesel injector

Last edited:
ok, i was thinking maybe the extra pressure (not flow/volume) might be of some benefit...

Dumb question.

I have an AirDog with the 30# spring.

If I was to do a regulator, could I get more pressure?

Is it worth it to do a regulator with say a AirDog or Fass.

^Good question, i would also like to know, i would imagine Yes, but im no profesional

pressure in a hydraulic system is more accurately controled by metering the return side of the circuit. There would be some benefeit, but possibly only a small affect.

Dumb question.

I have an AirDog with the 30# spring.

If I was to do a regulator, could I get more pressure?

Even though the inlet pressure is regulated, you still need a regulator to control pressure in the injection pump.

Back