Pay up sucka

Ive heard both sides to this story and its a shame it came to this. I dont blame Lloyd a bit for not getting on here. This place will just fuel the fire and not get anything resolved. Both sides can profess that they're right and the others wrong and everyone will pick sides based on personal opinion. Im another person who has had parts sent without paying and had to call Lloyd to ask when he planned on billing me. Its funny how everyone jumps on the bash wagon that has had no personal dealings with Lloyd. If it was a person that you had great past dealings with, you would be on the other side of the fence defending them tooth and nail.

Wade, if Scotts a personal customer of yours what was his truck doing at Lloyds in the first place?

I have a pretty good idea what the other side of the story is...and yes I have left out some aspects, largely to keep it based more on facts. However, I still see NO reason for thousands of dollars in parts to go missing.

I wish no ill will toward Lloyd, quite the opposite, I hope he regains his former reputation. I simply wish I had my parts back.

Guy's, I don't have a dog in this fight either but I do have an opinion. You should never call someone out in a public forum such as this. All it doe's is create hate and division among us. If the original poster has a problem with the man that did the work he should take his happy azz down there and work it out between the two involved. Don't post that shizz on here trying to get everyone's sympathy. Man up and go get your problem's straightened out, my god you are both grownup's. I will tell you this, if someone felt the need to try and embarass me on a public forum among my peer's you can bet your sweet azz I'm not gonna post up here. I'm going to be at your door the very first chance I get and I guarantee you that we are gonna work out our differences. We are all grown up's here for the most part, but damn I get sick and tired of all of the "Well, I hate that I have to do this". Come on fella's, we are better than this. Gary

Guy's, I don't have a dog in this fight either but I do have an opinion. You should never call someone out in a public forum such as this. All it doe's is create hate and division among us. If the original poster has a problem with the man that did the work he should take his happy azz down there and work it out between the two involved. Don't post that shizz on here trying to get everyone's sympathy. Man up and go get your problem's straightened out, my god you are both grownup's. I will tell you this, if someone felt the need to try and embarass me on a public forum among my peer's you can bet your sweet azz I'm not gonna post up here. I'm going to be at your door the very first chance I get and I guarantee you that we are gonna work out our differences. We are all grown up's here for the most part, but damn I get sick and tired of all of the "Well, I hate that I have to do this". Come on fella's, we are better than this. Gary

ummm, he did go to the shop....

you don't think he's tried any of that!?!? LOL

he took him to court... he won a case... he's trying to figure out how to get his settlement... calling obviously hasn't worked.

maybe he has an actual job that he has to go to and can't just stop by and confront him about the settlement (not that it would do much good)

the dude is frustrated and rightfully so. if this thread prevents someone from getting ripped off or at the very least strung along for a year or so, I say more power to him

I tried for a year (before court) to work it out. My wife, GF at the time, even offered to pay him whatever he needed to get the truck done...with no response.

Now that I live half way across the country it's hard to swing by his shop. And he hasn't answered my calls in quite some time.

Certainly there are betters ways of handling things than this...but felt the need to air some laundry!!! It's not about sympathy! I don't need anyone sympathy. I honestly feel that saving his reputation here is the only way I'll see anything from him. Clearly this is a last resort.

My thoughts exactly :clap:.

ummm, he did go to the shop....

ummmm sorry, I didn't want to read 80 something posts to check. Oh well like I said, I don't have a dog in here. I would of only had to go to his shop one time, but that's just me. I hope this all work's out for both partie's. Gary

The OP has done everything possible to settle, and this is his reluctant last resort. Lloyd has every right to respond or not to this thread. Lloyd's friends would do better by him to convince him to make this situation right, this will definetly affect his business. The OP is only trying to get his parts back, and this is the proper use of CompD in this case

ummmm sorry, I didn't want to read 80 something posts to check. Oh well like I said, I don't have a dog in here. I would of only had to go to his shop one time, but that's just me. I hope this all work's out for both partie's. Gary

why is that? you can't squeeze blood from a turnip... or would you have just gone to jail for assault and been satisfied with that? :confused:

wrongway,

This world is no longer a world where day to day transactions occour at arms length. Ever since 1-800 numbers and mail order products started to show, the challenge to get issues resolve became a real challenge! The Internet took 1-800 to an entirely new level about, 15 years ago! Where have you been?

My point us, with mail order you had the BBB to report scum companies (and still do), however that $50's worth of frying pans isn't worth the hassle. Today it's too easy to say "he screwed me" but 9 times outa 10 there's no way ever it's feesable to knock on that door! maybe in 1950....

The OP did knock! That's rare!! The crooks are betting travel cost and lawyer costs wash out money owed. Simple math.

I say use the tools available to get the word out, but be prepared for the sheep that attack. Every person whom remotly defended the crook has horse blinders on. The court order is littery fuking black and white. Your "buddy" fuked up, now make him pay. There are no excuses in this situation anymore.

Even if the system is broke and wrong, it's the system. lol

OK fella's, you win. I'm old and old fashioned, a handshake or your word is all I need from someone. The world has turned into a very sh**ty place for us, but I do my best to remain in the past. Sorry, that's just me. Gary

I agree Gary. A hand shake and your word should suffice. And we had that, yet here I am.

OK fella's, you win. I'm old and old fashioned, a handshake or your word is all I need from someone. The world has turned into a very sh**ty place for us, but I do my best to remain in the past. Sorry, that's just me. Gary

It does suck that some people can't seem to operate like that anymore Gary....we are very fortunate in our business that it has worked well for us. We'll take almost anyone's check, and a handshake is all it takes for us.

Chris

just like a handshake there are 2 sides to everything, what should have happened was payment and product. neither was honored.... i KNOW there is more to this situation and thats not an opinion.

Hughes, I've been ripped off before too, and it leaves you feeling empty. The purpose of these forums is to give people a heads up on things, whether it's info, or just a string of current events that could be very important to the viewing public. And if you were the accused and wrongly so, why the hell wouldn't you scan your paperwork and put up a fight. As a business owner not doing so just casts more doubt, wrong or not. Obviously a judge sifted through all the BS, he just didn't flip a coin. I really hope you get made at least partially whole, and hats off to Jeff for being a good guy...

Back